Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warning: Verizon is NOT there to support you during COVID-19
tltrumpet15

I just wanted to give a heads up that Verizon is unwilling to work with you if you have overages past May 31st. I was shocked last week when I received my bill and it was over four times the normal amount (an extra $221). After looking at the breakdown, I realized that I had went over my allotted minutes. I know most of you are wondering who doesn't have unlimited minutes, but I typically don't talk much and it's a cheap old plan. I was under the impression that Verizon had temporarily done away with minute limits during the pandemic and never received a notification/alert that I had reached or exceeded my allotment. I, like many others, have been working from home and have to call in to teleconferences weekly.

I immediately contacted customer support through the Verizon app. After explaining my situation, the representative informed me the COVID-19 allowances have ended as of May 31st, but he would waive the overages through a support ticket and I should see that shortly. I was relieved and glad they were able to understand and work with me. Fast forward a week to today and I have still not seen the adjustment. Naturally, I contacted support again through the Verizon app. After explaining the situation again, the representative took over an hour to look into it. The conclusion was that they suddenly have no record of my previous interaction and that they would not waive any of the overages. When I asked if I could escalate the support issue, I was told I would need to call them to do so.

After being on hold for nearly twenty minutes, I finally was able to explain the whole situation a third time. Again, the representative had to take nearly forty minutes to "look into it". Again, I was told that he cannot find any record of the original conversation, but would speak with his supervisor to see what he could offer me. After nearly twenty additional minutes, he came back on the line to again tell me that there was nothing he could do for me. I asked to speak with his supervisor. After another fifteen-minute wait, I had the opportunity to explain the whole situation for a fourth time! Again, I was told that they would not be willing to reduce the overages. At this point I was irate. Not only have I been a customer for fifteen years, but I've suffered through Verizon forcing me out of my original unlimited plan only for them to release a handful of new unlimited plans, and the service in my area has been atrocious the last year and a half. After all this the supervisor told me all she could do was credit half of the overages even though I was already told they would all be credited back. It's really sad that they are not understanding and their service (coverage and customer support) has gotten so terrible.

TLDR: Don't use the Verizon app to chat with customer support, apparently, they can somehow lose previous conversations and not stick to what resolution you are told. If you spend HOURS of fighting, you might get them to reduce a portion of it, but the frustration and time probably isn't worth the effort.

0 Likes
Re: Warning: Verizon is NOT there to support you during COVID-19
Tigerstep

Covid 19 relief was for DATA, not domestic minutes. If you needed a plan with more minutes from higher use, that is your responsibility.

With 2 months of extra data, waiving late fees/ reconnect fees and billing suppressions to not lose service, saying they aren't doing anything is dishonest.

tltrumpet15
Spoiler
I'm sorry you are incorrect. It was not just for "DATA". It was also for Unlimited domestic calling. Thanks for your input though, even if it was not correct.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is never the way we want anyone to feel about us. We pride ourselves on having the best service around, and that includes Customer Service. If you do not want to use the My Verizon application to chat, I recommend contacting us online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
Ignored

Took delivery on new iPad Mini from Verizon. Phone number for earlier device has not been transferred. I am paying for device, phone line, and an upgrade fee with nothing working. I have Chat twice, texted, phoned for 7th attempt to get service. Last chat said she referred it to tech. Still nothing after 5 days.

This is at best a ponzu scheme moment. I needed this device with connectivity for business.

Verizon exacerbates COVID-19 frustrations!!!!

0 Likes