Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome Screen Duplicate Account
1immentent1

Ever since upgrading to the new My Verizon app, the welcome screen tells me, "Multiple lines are stored on this device. Choose the one you'd like to use." However both options are the same account listed twice. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the duplicate remains. Customer service has confirmed that this is not a billing issue. How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Welcome Screen Duplicate Account
1immentent1

An update to the app seems to have fixed this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

1immentent1, we want to ensure you're able to utilize your My Verizon app without issue. I'm here to assist. When choosing one of the accounts that's listed in duplicate what occurs? Also, are you being prevented from using the application as a result of the account being listed in duplicate? Let us know.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
1immentent1

An update to the app seems to have fixed this problem.

0 Likes
RXGIRL222

I receive the same thing on the Verizon app but mine are two different phone numbers.

How do i delete one of the numbers?

When I choose the number I would like to delete it gives me account information but asks for the password if I try to make any changes.

I do not have the password as it is the phone number to my ex.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Novice

I am having the same issue as well as it doesn't remember me. I hope there is a fix soon!

0 Likes
Kahr10z

I get the same error, It shows me two usernames, the old username when I used to have prepaid and the new username, It does not let me remove old username, if I try selecting the right username it does nothing. I cannot signing using the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kahr10z, we want to make sure you can access My Verizon an anticipated. Have you cleared the data in the app to ensure your old details aren't lingering in the device history? How long has it been since you've switched from prepaid to postpaid service?

-Ebony

0 Likes