Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Well I have full-service in Puerto Rico?
jillvb

Do I have full-service in Puerto Rico

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Well I have full-service in Puerto Rico?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Yes, you will have full service in Puerto Rico.

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Yes, you will have full service in Puerto Rico.

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP1

NO VERIZON SERVICE IN PR.  I hope something changes, but as of November 3, 2022 there was NO service for Verizon in San Juan.  I'm in Puerto Rico multiple times a month.  Verizon isn't great, but usually works.  This week something changed.  Neither my iPhone nor my iPad worked.  AND, more importantly, a colleague's Verizon phone was also down.  Verizon support said the same thing "it should work...turn on roaming...turn your phone on and off...nothing worked.  Support, please look beyond your scripts and find a real answer.  Puerto Rico is the US, you need to have coverage there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We can understand how important it is to have working service when traveling and we are here to look into this further. When traveling to Puerto Rico, which services worked while you were there? Did you reeive a welcome message once you arrived in the area?

-Candice

0 Likes
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP1

No, and I haven't for the years I've been working there.  Just like I don't receive a welcome message when I fly from Washington DC to Miami.  Or New York. etc... 

0 Likes
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP1

My colleague lives there, but moved from Austin, TX.   Never changed service providers and maintains the 512 area code.  Their service died on Nov 3rd as well.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for keeping us posted. We want to aid you in the best way possible. Please send us a Private Note to further assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP1

I don't really know how to send you a private message, but Verizon service is still down islandwide in Puerto Rico on 11/08/2022.   Need to know if it's going to be fixed or if I need to get a T Mobile hot spot so I can use wifi calling with my Verizon phone when I'm in PR.   I'm told Verizon no longer has local contracts with on island providers.  If that's true, I need to know so I can adapt.  Would be very helpful to get real answers from you.  I'm not planing to drop my Verizon service since I'm only on island 1/3rd of my year.  But I need to be able to communicate while I'm there.  I need actionable answers.  You can text me with your answer.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, there! I'm showing you may not be able to send Multimedia Messages while in Puerto Rico. You also may experience Network Management for data speeds during times of high traffic (based upon your plan). Outside of that, service in Puerto Rico is included in your plan. How long has this been going on? What kind of phone do you have?

*Anna

0 Likes