Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What does vm deposit represent on my line usage?
MilesinMarin

When viewing my usage I see " vm deposit" . What does this represent?

Labels (1)
Re: What does vm deposit represent on my line usage?
deloused

That's when a caller is leaving you a voicemail

0 Likes
J-low

This response seems incorrect. I have this on my bill when I sent a voicemail. Able to validate on the person's phone I left a message with.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to know all the important details of your Verizon service. We are anxious to help. Just to clarify, where are you seeing this? How long have you been seeing this? Thanks in advance.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
J-low

I verified this with my phone bill and a received VM with the person I left the VM with.

I suggest that it mean your VM was delivered, not received. 
This is not a technical problem, but a clarification on what it means on your bill.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

J-low That is a great question. When you see VM Deposit that would indicate someone left you a VM. Does this answer your question? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Bb49

I tested this.  I left a voice mail on my husband's number (we are both on the same Verison bill) and it shows as incoming, CL on his number and VM Deposit, CL on my number on the billing statement.  So, I would think this means that VM Deposit, CL is not a voice mail that someone left for me but rather a voice mail I left with someone.   Verizon has repeatedly told me the opposite but I have found this not to be true.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Bb49, we are truly sorry for any confusion. When you place a call to someone as soon as that call connects, even to the voicemail, that parties phone will reflect the incoming call. Should your call route to voicemail and you leave a message, you will see VM Deposit as you deposited a voicemail to someone's line. Does this help to clarify?

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

J-low

This is the only correct answer to the VM deposit threads on these forums. I am close to a class action lawsuit with Verizon as i have lawyers arguing the opposite because Verizon has been inconsistent with knowing the correct response. 
Feel free to call me directly as I have a relative possibly facing jail time due to Verizon not knowing the answer. I can only hope copies of my phone bill will help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

J-low,

We always want to provide you with answers and resolutions. VM deposit is when a voicemail is left. Here is a different thread with the same answer: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/What-does-VM-DEPOSIT-mean/m-p/1061330#M174199 What concerns you?

KatiM_VZW

Tags (1)