Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What if my phone goes on sale after I purchased it?
C3Family2004

What happens if your phone goes on sale within a month of purchasing it?  Can you get the price adjusted on your bill?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: What if my phone goes on sale after I purchased it?
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The window is 14 days; and good luck.  Here's what a couple of reps have said on this forum:

Just a couple of days ago: (see Black Friday Deal on Pixel )

The good news is that if you are within 14 days of purchase then you will qualify for price protection. May I ask where did you get the phone from? For example, did you upgrade in the store, online, or by phone? The transaction will need to take place in the same channel that the original purchase happened at to get the promotional price. Since you are not technically returning the device, a restocking fee will not be assessed. What other questions do you have for us?

And from a year or so ago:

However, we do offer we do offer a "Price Protection Guarantee." If the cost of the device you just upgraded to goes down while you are within your 14-day equipment satisfaction guarantee, you can be refunded the difference in cost. Just let us know and we are happy to take care of it for you.

When upgrading to a new device, I suggest to make it a habit to check the pricing of the device in the 14-day window after you upgrade. For example, if you ordered the device online, and then a week later the cost goes down when you check our website, you can contact us and we will issue the difference in credit. Or, if you purchased the phone at a store location and then it goes down in less than 14 days, give us a call.

**Note**It does have to be a like-for-like purchase type in this scenario, i.e., online purchase, store purchase, or a purchase from Customer Service.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The window is 14 days; and good luck.  Here's what a couple of reps have said on this forum:

Just a couple of days ago: (see Black Friday Deal on Pixel )

The good news is that if you are within 14 days of purchase then you will qualify for price protection. May I ask where did you get the phone from? For example, did you upgrade in the store, online, or by phone? The transaction will need to take place in the same channel that the original purchase happened at to get the promotional price. Since you are not technically returning the device, a restocking fee will not be assessed. What other questions do you have for us?

And from a year or so ago:

However, we do offer we do offer a "Price Protection Guarantee." If the cost of the device you just upgraded to goes down while you are within your 14-day equipment satisfaction guarantee, you can be refunded the difference in cost. Just let us know and we are happy to take care of it for you.

When upgrading to a new device, I suggest to make it a habit to check the pricing of the device in the 14-day window after you upgrade. For example, if you ordered the device online, and then a week later the cost goes down when you check our website, you can contact us and we will issue the difference in credit. Or, if you purchased the phone at a store location and then it goes down in less than 14 days, give us a call.

**Note**It does have to be a like-for-like purchase type in this scenario, i.e., online purchase, store purchase, or a purchase from Customer Service.

Jturz

Verizon offers this promo protection, however getting the price adjusted has taken about three hours and counting, it still has not been resolved. This costs me time and money, and Verizon time and money. I don’t understand why there are so many hoops to go through to get this corrected. It’s seems very straight forward. As usual, disappointed in how much time Verizon takes from me. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jturz, we want to ensure you can take advantage of the better pricing for your device. Can you advise if you were simply needing a pricing adjustment due to the cost of your phone having decreased or if there was a better promotion (trade-in discount, device deal) offered for the phone you purchased?

-Ebony

0 Likes