Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What is Cloud data?
SEBAGARCIA001

What counts as 'cloud' data under device details for determining what data goes where? I have no cloud but the majority of my data is going there.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Cloud data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SEBAGARCIA001,

I totally see what you’re saying. I would be curious about what this meant under the data utilization section. Please allow me to clarify. Under the section in the data utilization it states “cloud/file sharing”. This is not specific to Verizon Cloud. That includes anything you’re sending from your phone. Here are some examples of apps or file sharing: Dropbox, Evernote, iCloud & ZippyShare. Are we on the same page now?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you have a Verizon account, with devices (phone, tablet) connected, your data may, by default, be backed up to the "cloud" (Verizon cloud).  To verify, login to your account at verizonwireless.com, go to My Devices, My Cloud Media & Contacts.  See what is there.

If there is more than one line on your account, be sure you are logging in with your phone number and password (each line has it's own cloud storage acccessible only with it's own login.)

0 Likes
SEBAGARCIA001

If I don't have that option under my devices does that mean it's not installed? Then what else could count as cloud data?

0 Likes
SEBAGARCIA001

There is not an option for that under my devices and when I search for the cloud in Verizon it asks me t set it up. So I don't think it's set up.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for checking on those settings, SEBAGARCIA001. Where exactly are you seeing the Cloud data in the first place? What model phone do you have?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SEBAGARCIA001

Not sure if images go through in this. Buts it's under the data hub in the app menu. Then I select my phone, and under details. It says how much data is being used for each, messages, gaming, etc.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SEBAGARCIA001, let's get your Verizon Cloud working for you. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-cloud/ https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/

Please review these helpful links and make sure that your Verizon Cloud is set-up to do what you want it to. After this, let us know how we can help.

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
SEBAGARCIA001

I don't want to use the cloud. Please see my original post.

I will probably just call in or go to a store next time I am close to get this answered.

0 Likes
SEBAGARCIA001

So I do see now that the cloud is automatically set up, however, I have not used it at all. I have no data in there, and I haven't given any apps permission to use it. When I back up my phone its directly through my computer and itunes.

When I log into myverizon on a regular pc I can see under 'data utilization' that its broken up into cloud/file sharing. Can you tell me what actions would constitute data going into this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SEBAGARCIA001, I can understand wanting to know where your data is being used in an app that you are not utilizing. I see the link was provided for the VZCloud above.  If you have ever use our old Backup Assistant App, your contacts should be backed up in the Cloud as well. How do you normally transfer your contacts? Is it through the iTunes on your PC as well?

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes