Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What is "Dictionary Update Information" download?
Kilokato

My Android phone has been downloading "Dictionary update information" all day. Anyone know what that is?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: What is "Dictionary Update Information" download?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's get things back to normal, maltman! To confirm, you did test with WiFi on? Try to go to Google keyboard settings in Settings>Input and keyboad, then choose "text correction", at the top, is an add dictionary menu. Select this then at the top right there is a refresh button, press it twice for a full refresh. Please keep me updated!

YaleK_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

shimmer11

Check to see if your wifi is disabled.  This dictionary update download is normally blocked from being downloaded via your mobile network.

If your wifi is enabled and you're still experiencing the problem, check your dictionary settings (under keyboards) and re-sync if you're able to on your phone.

Cheers,

-Shim

0 Likes
Ama0529

Didnt work.  Long press on the loading bar in status bar,  brought me to download manager where a force stop, stopped it temporarily.   Until the WiFi and data were turned back on (hallo, I NEED those on) ..    What the heck is it anyways??

0 Likes
Ama0529

It's on my s3 since yesterday evening.   Reboot didn't remove it.

0 Likes
Ama0529

Oh, and.... It's killing my battery life hardcore!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ama0529,

We don't want to see this continue to be an issue! Do you happen to have an app that is a dictionary app or has an attached dictionary? (Some reading apps like Kindle have dictionaries you can download that compliment the app.) Have you checked your the Application Manager on your phone to see if you can just delete it off the phone? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-59216/

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Yerba

My phone has been running this for 3 days and I can't stop it!

0 Likes
maltman

you are not alone,

my phone has being trying to do some dictionary update for the last 3 hours

Wi-Fi is off but that doesn't seem to makes any difference

I am on 4g with 2 bars .

it stops and retries the unknown download every few minutes

if it turn off the built in download app it quits, but that does effect other apps

I have restarted the phone.

I cleared the cache of the built-in download app

I cleared the data of the built-in download app

All to no avail

My play store application is set to only allow updates when on Wi-Fi

My amazon app store is also set for update only on Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's get things back to normal, maltman! To confirm, you did test with WiFi on? Try to go to Google keyboard settings in Settings>Input and keyboad, then choose "text correction", at the top, is an add dictionary menu. Select this then at the top right there is a refresh button, press it twice for a full refresh. Please keep me updated!

YaleK_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Yerba

Sorry I don't tweet! but your method worked! Thank you!!

0 Likes