Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What's with the LONG WAIT TIMES!!!!
Tkayla

This is getting ridiculous, I feel like I'm calling the IRS!! I called Verizon on Friday and was on hold for almost 2 hours before I was able to speak with someone. That agent claimed to have solved my issue but it wasn't solved so I chatted in on Saturday and didn't get a response for 2 HOURS!!! I completely forgot that I was waiting for someone to respond. I'm calling back now, thinking that if I called in the morning it'll be better, IT IS NOT BETTER! I've been on hold for 40 minutes now and still waiting. What is going on??? And please don't say COVID. We're how many years now into this pandemic, it's time to stop using COVID as an excuse to why customer service is lacking. It shouldn't be this hard to get help for something that you're paying for. On top of it when I do get someone they're from overseas and can't comprehend what I'm saying. This is sooo frustrating.... 

Re: What's with the LONG WAIT TIMES!!!!
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Why were you calling? Was it something that could have handled online through the website or the chat option? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JPhone73

Same! On hold now for two hours and still waiting. Actually spoke to someone yesterday after scheduling a callback but was erroneously transferred to someone else mid-conversation and couldn’t be sent back. Was told I’d have to start all over in the Que. and no, this isn’t something I can do online because Verizon claims my loyalty trade-in promo is only available via customer support which is also total nonsense. I’m so frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tkayla, we want reaching us to be simple. We know that your time is valuable and sorry to hear that this is not happening. We can help here. What issue are you experiencing?  -Pamela

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We all work hard to minimize hold times, JPhone73, because we understand it is unpleasant to wait on hold. We will be glad to look into your trade-in promo. To keep your account information private, we have sent a private note to continue our discussion.

-George

0 Likes
Tkayla

@Ann154  I was told via chat to call in, so it had to be handled over the phone. 

0 Likes
Tkayla

@vzw_customer_support I was able to get the issue resolved. Thanks

0 Likes
Oracle84

same thing here long hold times and one hour wait in the store also

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oracle84, your time is valuable and we are here to help. We would love the opportunity to save you a phone call. How can we help you today? -Sylvia

0 Likes
finfan365

I"m trying to call in to the trade in dept again for the second time today. 1 and 1/2 hours earlier and had to abandon, now on hold for another 1 and 1/2 hours so far with no answer. Spent 2 hours on hold yesterday with no answer.

Scheduled a call for today with general support. I did get a call but nobody on the other end, and verizon ended up disconnecting.

chat support cannot assist, tells me only trade in dept can help. I'm assuming there is only one person monitoring all trade in calls.

0 Likes