Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What speeds can u expect once I go over my 22 GB monthly limit?
NICKG1201

I am about to go over the 22 GB limit for the new unlimited plan and I just want to know what kind of speeds I should expect for the next 10 days until I start my next cycle? Normally I am getting 20-40GB speed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: What speeds can u expect once I go over my 22 GB monthly limit?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
NICKG1201, we'll get you the details that you need for your data speed experience. What do you mean by 20-40GB speed? If you're on the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, here are some helpful details about what to expect after your line goes past the 22GB. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/ Please note item 6 under "Top Questions".
"Most of the time you'll continue to enjoy the same great network experience once your line exceeds 22 GB during your billing cycle.

If you've already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle, and are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slower download speeds relative to another Verizon Wireless customer's experience on the same cell site at that moment."

Does this help?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MGL42

They say they shape to 600kbps, but it's actually worse than that based on what tower you're on.

It's pretty awful.

Start bad data:

[removed]

Obviously you DID NOT read. And if you like T-Mobile so much why are you here? How much is T-Mobile paying YOU to troll here?

T-Mobile ONE Fair Usage Commitment

The T-Mobile ONE Fair Usage commitment is how we ensure that the highest number of customers have the best possible experience for the most common uses on our network. To ensure that smartphones and tablets have fair access to the network, we will monitor mobile hotspot/tethering usage on a regular basis to ensure that mobile hotspot usage is both reasonable and fair. The T-Mobile ONE service is designed to be used primarily on smartphones and tablets. The T-Mobile ONE mobile hotspot features are intended for personal mobile connectivity, not intended to be a complete broadband replacement for multiple users over an extended period of time. If a customer is a heavy data user specifically, using more than 50GB (updated periodically) of data in a month and uses their device as a mobile hotspot for the majority of their use over an extended period of time – we may contact you to discuss your plan and your options.

None of this is true. You can get a plan from T-Mobile where they won't shape you if you go over a certain amount. The Verizon troll hiding with a bad username doesn't know that T-Mobile offers these plans, and at a cheaper rate.

Verizon has lied so many times to me and others, it's truly sickening. I was a loyal customer for 15 years until they pulled this garbage when I upgraded my phone. So, I am paying more per month for terrible service? Why should I do that? Verizon obviously wants to spin things their way on their little community site, but bad service should not be rewarded.

Verizon also thinks all their customers are evil and want to run wireless internet through a mobile hotspot. Maybe some try to do that, but others have legitimate business reasons for needing truly unlimited 4G LTE mobile hotspot data that doesn't get shaped after a certain threshold has been met. I was happy to be paying close to 150.00 a month for this.

My plan didn't change. Only my phone was upgraded. When I switched to the Galaxy Note 8 from a Note 5, I started getting shaped after I hit 22GB of overall traffic. So this wantlls not happening before. Now it is. On paper the plan has not changed but the service has.

Verizon doesn't care about you or what you want. Why give them money for bad behavior and service? I don't see a reason myself to give them money anymore. But, some people like being treated this way. If so, keep paying Verizon.

Inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
NICKG1201, we'll get you the details that you need for your data speed experience. What do you mean by 20-40GB speed? If you're on the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, here are some helpful details about what to expect after your line goes past the 22GB. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/ Please note item 6 under "Top Questions".
"Most of the time you'll continue to enjoy the same great network experience once your line exceeds 22 GB during your billing cycle.

If you've already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle, and are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slower download speeds relative to another Verizon Wireless customer's experience on the same cell site at that moment."

Does this help?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NICKG1201

This is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you!!

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017, 12:09 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
stef7

I wager you'll experience a heavy reduction in speed. Let us know when you go over...

0 Likes
MGL42

Basically what Verizon is saying is that they will punish you severely for using data, even if you pay for "unlimited." Reality is, however, you can't redefine words to mean something else to meet business goals.

Verizon doesn't offer options to bypass this artificial and arbitrary cap. They don't understand their customers who are willing to pay for bandwidth consistency. There is zero difference between using your phone or using a hotspot to snag data from the network. They think there is but they have no technical reason for it. They just don't want people using their phone as a wireless ISP/router for multiple devices.

But, I can open 100 browsers on my phone and download 100 4GB movies? Yeah, right. It's arbitrary and fundamentally dumb.

So, bottom line Verizon makes you pay for a service that degrades if you actually use it. Why spend money to get treated badly? I dont see a reason for it. That's why I ditched Verizon. Zero negative economic impact by switching and I save money. Sounds like a win win to me.

0 Likes
MGL42

The speeds are awful. 0.1kbps on my end. Awful network management and they're number one? Right.

0 Likes
MGL42

This isn't true. Reality is much harsher.

0 Likes
NICKG1201

I went over this morning and have not experienced any slow down yet. I am consistently getting speeds around 40 MBPS and am in a very populated area in the Baltimore area. So as of now no complaints and everything is working great.

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes