Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What to happened to free upgrades when your line became available for an upgrade???
cgrimes1982

What happened to getting a free upgrade when the line became available for an upgrade.  I am not talking about a free phone but a "free" upgrade.  If I remember correctly Verizon used to let you do an upgrade to a new phone without any upgrade fee, just the cost of the new phone.  Now when they tell you the line is eligible for an upgrade there is a $35 fee.  When did it go to not being free upgrades???

0 Likes
Re: What to happened to free upgrades when your line became available for an upgrade???
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

@cgrimes1982 wrote:

What happened to getting a free upgrade when the line became available for an upgrade.  I am not talking about a free phone but a "free" upgrade.  If I remember correctly Verizon used to let you do an upgrade to a new phone without any upgrade fee, just the cost of the new phone.  Now when they tell you the line is eligible for an upgrade there is a $35 fee.  When did it go to not being free upgrades???

The upgrade fee started to be applied in 2012 for upgrades. It was later applied to all upgrades even if the phone was purchased at the full retail price. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes