Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whats with the 600kbps hotspot limits?
Ewest2570

So called "unlimited" plan actually has limits. One of which is so mind bogglingly archaic, I can't wrap my head around it.

Up to 600KBPS mobile hotspot limitation ? In the 21st century? This is so unusable that Verizon should just get rid of it. How did Verizon come up with such a tiny number? Did they test it by going to text only websites? Why deceptively try to sell anyone on this idea that hotspots do anything but frustrate and confuse customers? Needless to say I will not be renewing the unlimited plan because its so pathetic that they limit you to caveman throttled speeds that its almost like a punishment for giving Verizon a try-

My configuration:

75.00 unlimited prepaid on mobile

Hotspot on iPad

Met my download limit after 5 days without realizing how awful "up to 600 kbps" throttling would be. Can barely enjoy the service without intense lag, timing out webpages and just generally annoying experience.

If Verizon is worried about governing speeds for all to enjoy, maybe they shouldn't advertise high speed greatness or they shouldn't sell so many spots. You wouldn't oversell theater seats and make people watch a play from a tv set when seats are filled. Be fair Verizon. You are taking advantage of sensationalizing your network and spitting in our face, essentially punishing us for using it.

Labels (1)
Re: Whats with the 600kbps hotspot limits?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Do you look at and understand the terms of the plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
krcbus28

I had the same problem, why off or unlimited, when it is not unlimited, since Verizon cuts the speed.

The extra money we have to pay to have the expensive unlimited plans, then to slow the speed after used up data allowance.

If called unlimited, then why is there really a limit, What a ripoff

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly understand your concern, krcbus28! Having the speed you need is vital, and we want to help you in any way we can. We understand every customer has different needs, and this is why we offer various unlimited plans, to suit every customer's necessities. Can you tell us a little more? What actions do you use the most when connecting to the internet?

RachelM_VZW

We are including a link that will provide more information on our new unlimited plans, this way you can review at your convenience: http://spr.ly/66091Z2xZ

0 Likes
richard_sollenberger

I agree, I just got back from South Korea after 3 years there. I had phone service from KT but their ares several companies.

I could stream from my phone to my tablet with no porblems everyone is streaming as they take the bus subway or train. They all have their devices out and the service is great. no buffering, web pages come up instantly and so on. I was paying $54 a month for unlimited talk, text and data and this was all at 4g and they have been providing 5G service for a least a year.

For the most part they don't have 20 plans to pick from just a few and non are as costly as it is here in the States.

It is unfortunate that the providers here think that this is good service. GO SOME WHERE ELSE IT"s NOT. I like the way they say they are conserned but are they going to do anything about it? I don't think so. They don't have to. Just my 2 cents

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is vital for our customers to have service, Richard-sollenberger. I know that we rely on our signal on our phones. Can you tell me more about what issues you are having? May I have your nearest intersection and zip code? Please elaborate. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Deez126

Trash

Tlynnc1212

The link Verizon is providing to share all Verizon plans does not address this concern, which I also share. So far as I can tell, I AM on the best plan for mobile hot spot, and it's the same as this complaint. I also am finding the plan unacceptable.