Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When and where do I my transfer pin?
tmjva23664

I asked for a transfer pin, I never got it, when and where does it show up?

I go to chat and ask the same question over and over, "I can help you with that " ... and it keeps sending me back to the same page to generated another transfer pin. 

And it says it can send me to a real agent.  But it never does that.

Re: When and where do I my transfer pin?
tmjva23664

They sure don't make it easy to leave Verizon do they?

Tigerstep

Except they do. You can generate it through the app or by dialing #PORT.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are disheartened to hear you are leaving the Verizon Wireless family. We hope you can return one day. We can assist you with generating a Transfer PIN. We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue. 

0 Likes
tmjva23664

I had to go to a brick and mortar Verizon store to get the transfer pin.  The assistant said the reason Verizon started going round about with the stupid robot was because of too many false transfer requests. I had to show an ID card.

I got one phone of two numbers transferred, but I won't bother with Verizon online services when I leave with the next one to a pure linux phone with hardware kill switches that physically disconnects WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular signal, microphone & camera.

tmjva23664

I went to a brick and mortar store and got the pin.  The Verizon robot was useless.  It is a sad commentary I had to go to the community here.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to ensure you have the correct information going forward. If you need a transfer PIN, you may dial #PORT or review the FAQ here: https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs//

0 Likes
Read_Karl_Marx

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We definitely want to ensure you have the correct information going forward. If you need a transfer PIN, you may dial #PORT or review the FAQ here: https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs//

Translation: "Don't believe your lying eyes. Verizon Wireless is extremely easy to leave. Simply follow these instructions that coincidentally do not work for you, or anyone online, or anyone you know personally. If these simple steps do not work for you, it's because your perception of reality is faulty. You cannot trust your lying eyes, there is only Verizon corporate."

Perhaps these bizarre, gaslighting responses are exactly why people are so desperate to abandon your service?

0 Likes
Read_Karl_Marx

Same thing happened to me. Everything you're saying and experiencing is true. Don't let them gaslight you.

Protip for Verizon Wireless: If you offered a good service at a competitive price, you wouldn't need to trick people into staying.

0 Likes
bagular

I am having the same problems- and more- getting the transfer PIN. There is a reason that I am leaving Verizon and encouraging my family to do the same....

0 Likes