Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where can I file a complaint against Verizon Wireless business practices?
onilleppac

I paid AMAZON $874.91 for my Apple Watch Series 4 on 4/9/19.  I chose to use Verizon Wireless for my watch, so I activated it under VzW's "Bring Your Own Device" program.

On 2/8/21, I switched to Consumer Cellular for my cell phone carrier.  Since they don't offer Apple Watch service, I contact VzW to stop both my cell phone and watch service.

In early 2022, an open billing dispute between myself and VzW was resolved.  Verizon offered me an amount to settle my account and my account was deemed: "Paid in Full".

In my recent effort to find a carrier for my Apple Watch, I entered my IMEI number into the AT&T portal.  I was flabbergasted to learn that:  

"This device has been reported to AT&T as lost or stolen and can’t be activated online. Call us at 800.331.0500 for more information."

Mind you, my Apple Watch has never been lost or stolen, nor have I reported it as such.  I contacted AT&T and learned that Verizon has "blacklisted" my watch.  After contacting Verizon, I was told that my account was marked as "written off", thus the reason that Verizon Wireless blacklisted my watch.

I have spoken with several VzW Managers via phone and the Managers at a local retail store.  They have all agreed with me and attempted to reach out to Verizon's "Recovery Team" to unlock my watch. The Recovery Team routinely put me (them) on hold and would disconnect the call after about 20 minutes of "researching this matter".

In summary, my Apple watch was purchased at Amazon and is owned by me, NOT by Verizon Wireless. Therefore, VzW blacklisting it as "lost or stolen" is very disingenuous.  My billing dispute was FULLY RESOLVED after Verizon Wireless offered me a settlement, and I accepted it.  I made a full payment on the agreed upon settlement amount, as reflected in my credit report.

It seems odd to me that the each of the members of the Verizon Wireless management team have been unable to unlock my Apple Watch, after agreeing that it was wrong to blacklist it in the first place.

Hopefully, someone from the Verizon Wireless Sr. Management team will reach out to me with the resolution.  As a customer on Verizon Wireless and Verizon FIOS since 2002, I would consider using Verizon service and products again, once this matter is resolved.

I just want to right this wrong as quickly as possible.  Thank you in advance.

0 Likes