Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where do I file a formal complaint about ongoing, incorrect billing?
G-a-R

Where do I file a formal complaint about ongoing, incorrect billing?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where do I file a formal complaint about ongoing, incorrect billing?
deloused

What do you mean by 'file'? You can complain by calling customer service at 800-922-0204

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Verizon Wireless
Correspondence
P.O. Box 291089
Columbia, SC 29229

LAVAY_03

I AM WRITING THE COLUMBIA, SC ADDRESS, BUT ALSO

FOR DISPUTES -VERIZON WIRELESS ALLTEL

CUSTOMER SERVICE

777 BIG TIMBER ROAD

ELGIN, IL 60123

ADDITIONALLY, & BEST OF IS:  CALIFORNIA PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION 941

CONSUMER AFFAIRS BRANCH

505 VAN NESS AVE

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102

VERIZON  IS A THIEF !

NicolasHaralambides

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I have an ongoing billing dispute with Verizon and despite my repeated request to speak to a manager, I am still waiting to have that conversation to resolve the billing issues.

On April 1, I paid my $300.32 invoice using my most recent credit card ending in 0702.  On a couple occasions in May when I tried to pay my bill using the same card, Verizon for some unexplained reason, would not accept the payment.

When on June 1, Tamika (Financials, N. Carolina) called me for the payment of $305.24,     I asked for a supervisor, was connected to Desire (a member of leadership support), and discussed with her my previous inability to complete my payment online, and therefore, I should not be penalized the $5.00 Late Fee.  As a result, I paid $300.24 to bring my obligation to a zero balance, in exchange for signing me up for AutoPay.  I was indeed signed up, right there and then, with the assistance of either Desire or someone else from another department.  However, I could not understand as to why, later in June, I kept on receiving messages to pay my bill!  On July 2, I responded by email as follows: “On May 1 [should have said June 1] speaking to Desire, my $5.00 Late Fee was exchanged for signing me for Auto Pay!  How dysfunctional can you get telling me that my account is past due?”

In the morning of June 1, after my conversation with Desire and agreement, and the payment of my bill to a zero balance, I asked her to send me in writing what we had just agreed on.  However, at 12:35 pm, I receive the following email from Verizon: “Here’s your requested bill summary. “Unpaid balance $349.52.  You have a past due balance of $152.58 that requires immediate payment. The remaining $196.94 is due on 07/22/2020”.  Apparently, there was another $40.00 added for line reconnection that Desire failed to mention (and which I would not have agreed to pay), it was not on the past due invoice that we discussed and my balance, despite what was bargained for, was NOT reduced to zero.  I have not received in writing, the agreement with Desire which I had requested!

On July 7, I spoke to John (ID: 263280, N. Carolina) who directed me to drive to 3990 Hollis in Emeryville for the payment of my bill.  When I drove to this address, the store was boarded up.

On July 8, I spoke to “supervisor” DeJohnny (?) (ID: 263280, would not tell me his location) who couldn’t understand the issues of my complaint.  I asked to speak to a manager.  He said, when available, a manager will call me.  I am still waiting for that call.

On July 9, I emailed Verizon the events described above and that I was still waiting to be called by the manager.

On July 10, Tamir (?) called me and when I inquired who she was – perhaps she was the manager I was waiting for – the line went dead!

I am assuming that all of the above information is accessible to you since all my telephone calls were recorded and my email communications appear on my file.

In the meantime, my service has been disconnected, requiring the payment of an additional $40.00 line reconnection fees, in addition to the $40.00 charged on June 1.  These fees cannot stand legal scrutiny.

I have invested hours of my time trying to discuss and resolve the above complaint with Verizon representatives, not to mention being directed to drive to a boarded-up Verizon office to make a “corrected” payment; all of this has transpired because your system will not accept online payment from my most recent, and only, credit card.

Furthermore, you need to inculcate the Customer and Financial Services staff, that it is considered customary common courtesy, if not good business and public relations practice, to return repeated calls and emails, or when promised, to have requested billing resolution issues addressed by a “manager”!  

Under these circumstances, to disconnect my service would typically be considered socially and legally, as an act of bad faith.

I need a response and an immediate resolution to my complaint.  Thank you

0 Likes
NicolasHaralambides

I have spent hours speaking to Customer Service and got the run-around.

On July 8, I asked for a Manager to call me. They said, when available, a manager will call me. 

I am still waiting!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NicolasHaralambides, for the security of your account we strongly recommend removing your post/editing out personal information such as payment amounts and your phone number.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience having your services interrupted is causing you. For assistance in getting your services restored, you must work with our financial service team at 866-266 1445.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NicolasHaralambides, we're sorry no one from our financial service team has contacted you back. Please feel free to contact them again.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes