Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where do I find my hotspot security key?
JUDIRV92

I have go unlimited and was told that I could connect my phones mobile hotspot to my laptop. When I try, it asks for a security key. Where do I find this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: go unlimited hotspot
chris1060

When you enable your hotspot, it will show the hotspots name and a password that is already set (you can change it to whatever you want). When you activate the hotspot, on the device you want to connect to it, simply select it from the list, and enter the password that is shown in your hotspot setting, then connect.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chris1060

When you enable your hotspot, it will show the hotspots name and a password that is already set (you can change it to whatever you want). When you activate the hotspot, on the device you want to connect to it, simply select it from the list, and enter the password that is shown in your hotspot setting, then connect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JUDIRV92, it's great to be able to connect on the go whenever you need to. We'd be happy to help you get started with the mobile hotspot. Can you please verify the make/model of your device so we can provide the necessary steps?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Where do I find my hotspot security key?
ford2001EXP

0 Likes
muin68

This does not work. It keeps telling the network security key is incorrect. Please advise

muin68

I have a Samsung Galazy S9+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is not the experience we want for you, muin68. Let's ensure we find a resolution. Did you set up a password for your hotspot? Where did you locate the network security key that is not being accepted? Click here for the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216688/

AnthonyC_VZW