Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why Aren't Texts Showing Up on Familybase?
NICU_NURSE2001

I have three children added to the family base plan to monitor how much they are calling and texting. It shows the phone calls but does not show any texts received or sent. I can visually see it on their phones but none show up under the activity.  Seriously what's the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: no texts are showing up under family base plan
Weth
Sr. Leader

For the iPhones, when they are texting other iPhones, that uses iMessages by default, so that will not show in texting since it is not through Verizon but Apple.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Do they have iPhones?

0 Likes
NICU_NURSE2001

Two have iPhones and one has a Samsung

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

For the iPhones, when they are texting other iPhones, that uses iMessages by default, so that will not show in texting since it is not through Verizon but Apple.

0 Likes
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

NICU_NURSE2001,

Awesome question. We want to make sure you can track everything you need to. That is great information about the types of phones and it is correct that iMessages won't show up. Is this the same for the Samsung as well? Do the texts show on their phone too?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

NICU_NURSE2001

I can see the text numbers on the Samsung phone - but not on the iPhones.

0 Likes
GIZIMO26

My childs phone is an android and it doesn't show outgoing calls or texts, yet shows on another screen how many minutes and texts have been used. But it does not list them... It used to, so I don't know what changed.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Since the iPhones are using iMessages, you will not see them on Verizon logs.

0 Likes
Re: Why Aren't Texts Showing Up on Familybase?
Kmullett

I am having the same problem! My sons phone says 0 calls and 0 texts!! I know he has been doing both and I have turned off the iMessages as well. Please explain. 

0 Likes
Re: Why Aren't Texts Showing Up on Familybase?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Being able to use all the features of the Smart Family application is mandatory.  We are here to help.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes