Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why Does the Verizon Robot Hate People?
Jareni

I've been trying to speak with a live representative for over 2 hours. The phone numbers (I've tried 4 different ones) all transfer me to a text/chat with a robot OR transfer me to a call center that is closed (during business hours). When I tried to file a work ticket via the phone app and the website, I got a 404 error and the ticket didn't complete. I'm currently on hold after lying an saying I am a new customer and need new service... we will see if that is enough to convince the Verizon AI to let me speak with a live person.

Any advice? I've tried *611, got the robot. I've tried saying "agent" to every prompt, got the robot. I've tried using the chat option, got the robot.

And every time, I got a customer service survey... ABOUT my experience with the representative! HAHAHAHAHA! The only representative I've met is the Verizon AI and it is TERRIBLE.

I've never missed AT&T more than today.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why Does the Verizon Robot Hate People?
Jareni

UPDATE: Finally got connected to new user sales. They transferred me to an offshore help center. They found my order and determined that it was processed wrong. *le sigh*

I tried purchasing a new phone (upgrade) online for in-store pickup because my wife's phone broke while we are travelling for work. The first order automatically and secretly changed from in-store pickup to shipping to our home, several states away. It took me 2 hours to find a live person to help me cancel the false order and create a new order for in-store pickup. Finished that order before noon today and received a receipt with the order and pickup location. The promise from the store and the online rep was that the order would be ready in an hour or two.

It has now been 6 hours, the store closes in 30 mins or so, and I've been on the phone/app/chat/text for another 2 hours to find out what went wrong. As stated, I lied to the Verizon robot and got through to a new customer rep. They transferred me offshore. The offshore guy looked up my order and determined that the phone-placed order was never assigned to a physical store for order completion and pickup. I shared with the rep the order number, store locator number, etc. He maintained that there was no in-store location  associated with the order.

I've cancelled the SECOND online order today and demanded a refund of all the taxes (about $100 for each order) that they charged directly.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FRIDGE IS HAPPENING, VERIZON????????

You successfully stole almost 4 hours of my time today. You failed to complete 2 separate purchase orders. Each order was for over $1000. 

HOLY SHNIKES.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jareni

UPDATE: Finally got connected to new user sales. They transferred me to an offshore help center. They found my order and determined that it was processed wrong. *le sigh*

I tried purchasing a new phone (upgrade) online for in-store pickup because my wife's phone broke while we are travelling for work. The first order automatically and secretly changed from in-store pickup to shipping to our home, several states away. It took me 2 hours to find a live person to help me cancel the false order and create a new order for in-store pickup. Finished that order before noon today and received a receipt with the order and pickup location. The promise from the store and the online rep was that the order would be ready in an hour or two.

It has now been 6 hours, the store closes in 30 mins or so, and I've been on the phone/app/chat/text for another 2 hours to find out what went wrong. As stated, I lied to the Verizon robot and got through to a new customer rep. They transferred me offshore. The offshore guy looked up my order and determined that the phone-placed order was never assigned to a physical store for order completion and pickup. I shared with the rep the order number, store locator number, etc. He maintained that there was no in-store location  associated with the order.

I've cancelled the SECOND online order today and demanded a refund of all the taxes (about $100 for each order) that they charged directly.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FRIDGE IS HAPPENING, VERIZON????????

You successfully stole almost 4 hours of my time today. You failed to complete 2 separate purchase orders. Each order was for over $1000. 

HOLY SHNIKES.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for contacting us. I see you're having an issue with your order. Let's take a look at what's going on with your order. In order to do this, I need to access your account. By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6005z5tT3

*Debbie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Jareni, we're concerned to learn about your experience, and we'd love to help turn it around. Just to confirm, are you trying to reach out to us about issues you're having submitting a ticket for work? 

~Baldo

0 Likes