Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Why Won't My LG EXTRAVERT 2 VN280 Recieve Texts?
beanerecmo

I have the LG Extravert 2 VN280. I cannot receive text messages because it says the mailbox is full irrespective there is nothing in the Inbox (100% Full!). I can send text messages. Went to a Verizon store and they could not help. They did a hard reboot. Of course, they want to sell a new phone.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: LG EXTRAVERT 2 VN280 CANNOT RECEIVE TEXT MSGS
beanerecmo

Didn't know that deleted texts go into a 'vault'. That was jam packed. Emptied the vault and all is well with the world.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Check the SENT folder - and delete those,as well as any drafts you may have.  Reboot the phone.  See if that helps.

0 Likes
beanerecmo

Already had emptied those folders, moved other folders (photos, multi-media, etc.) to the SD card, and hard booted 3 time to no avail.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I know its important to have the ability to receive text beanerecmo  . I'm sorry to hear you're having issues but we will work on getting this fixed. Have you tried removing the battery for 1-2 minutes as a soft reset? Is this a prepaid device? Are you able to use all other functions on the phone?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
beanerecmo

Didn't know that deleted texts go into a 'vault'. That was jam packed. Emptied the vault and all is well with the world.

0 Likes
Re: Why Won't My LG EXTRAVERT 2 VN280 Recieve Texts?
cherokee7041

IS SIM CARD NEW? IF YOU NEED THE CARD,  RECALIBRATE IT. IF YOU CAN GO INTO SUB MENU, GO INTO SECURITY YES SECURITY. SOUND DUMB, I KNOW. USE YOU PIN THAT YOU SET UP WITH VERIZON. NEXT,  OPEN SECURITY  QUESTIONS ARE READY. YOU ARE GIVEN CHOICE FOR ALL TEXTS MESSAGES OR ONLY TEXTS FROM CONTACTS. THERE ARE QUESTION INVOLVING CALLS. BLOCK ALL CALLS, CONTACT CALLS COME IN. NICE FEATURE.

0 Likes
Re: Why Won't My LG EXTRAVERT 2 VN280 Recieve Texts?
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes