Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I being charged after I cancelled service?
mmeisler2

I cancelled my service on 2/27 and yet received a bill through March 22.  How do i get a revised bill not charging me for that time period?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: cancelled service
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

It appears your billing cycle ends on the 22nd of the month. Verizon does not pro-rate your final bill. You are charged for the full month of service in the month you cancel.

Since your billing cycle runs from Feb 23 thru Mar 22 and you cancelled service during that period, you will be charged for the entire period.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

It appears your billing cycle ends on the 22nd of the month. Verizon does not pro-rate your final bill. You are charged for the full month of service in the month you cancel.

Since your billing cycle runs from Feb 23 thru Mar 22 and you cancelled service during that period, you will be charged for the entire period.

0 Likes
mmeisler2

That's not right.  I can't be charged for service I do not use.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Whether or not it is right, that is what your customer agreement states and has been Verizon's practice for many years.

0 Likes
mmeisler2

Wow.  Looked online and saw that as well.  Also saw that I am not the only one who was told otherwise by a Verizon rep.  Had chat with them yesterday and they assured me this was not going to be the case.

And if anyone wonders why I switched away from them, this is now reason number 63 - and the list is growing.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I being charged after I cancelled service?
K_Fant

BUT, Verizon claims that we are paying for services for the month to come!  I once changed our Verizon account from my name to my husband's name.  Verizon charged us $350 twice for that month, stating that they were transitioning from paying for the past month to the month to come.  They said that if we ever stopped the account, we would be reimbursed for the part of the month not serviced.  But, of course, we have had children drop off of the account.  Have we EVER seen a credit back???? Not on your life.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I being charged after I cancelled service?
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes