Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I being charged an activation fee?
DarlaMack

I'm a new customer and just signed a 2 year contract for 2 lines over the phone.  The sales rep told me there wouldn't be an activation charge, but looking at my bill online I was charged $35 for each line.  Why say one thing and do another?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Activation Fees?
deloused

The sales rep didn't charge you an activation fee when placing the order, which is correct, but it always appears on the first bill from Verizon.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

The difference is new customers pay $35 per NEW LINE of service.

Existing customers wishing a subsidized phone pays $30 UPGRADE FEE .

All carriers even if paying full price for a device charge a new customer an activation fee from $35-$40 per line.

However upgrade fees are only charged on not paying for the device at full price.

Good Luck

deloused

The sales rep didn't charge you an activation fee when placing the order, which is correct, but it always appears on the first bill from Verizon.

DarlaMack

Thanks for the reply but that's not entirely true.  AT&T didn't charge an activation fee when my hubby signed up last year.

0 Likes
DarlaMack

Oh ok... lol thank you Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

There are certain times where activation fees are waived. Verizon has done this in the past as has Sprint and T-Mobile.

However my information to you was correct. It is not normally waived. $35 for Verizon $36 for Sprint and $40 for AT&T. T-Mobile was $38 activation I don't know what it is now.

It will appear on your cellular invoice.

Suishoo

Mine was 80$ per line with Verizon. This is why they are terrible. 

KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes