Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I being charged for a device that was damaged in transit??
usmc85

I had the same experience!  I bought my phone from the Verizon store with a case and invisibleshield glass, I setup a warranty claim for a charging port issue.  I took off the case and glass protector, then wiped down the entire phone and IMMEDIATELY put it in the box the same way the replacement phone was packed.  They charged me for a cracked screen.  They sent me two photos of the back of the phone completely shattered (the two photos were two different phones, but the text at the bottom had the same phone serial number) and they said “cracked front screen.”  ??

How could the back shatter with a case on?  I have insurance on the phone... so who would pay for insurance monthly and have the option of paying a small deductible, yet say “no, that’s okay I’ll send it to Verizon instead and pay $300+ dollars.”. ????

I opened an investigation and they keep blaming me and calling me a liar, but they have no evidence or video footage of the employee opening the box with the phone condition. 

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.  Filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau!  Shame on Verizon for accusing their customer - there’s no logic behind someone sending a shattered phone to Verizon when they have insurance that is MUCH CHEAPER. 

0 Likes
Re: Why am I being charged for a device that was damaged in transit??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

usmc85, our goal is to provide you with a great wireless experience, so we regret reading about the issues with the warranty process. We hope to regain your confidence. Allow us another opportunity to review the issue. Please check your Private Messages on this platform for further assistance. 

0 Likes