Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Why am I being charged taxes & fees from 2 states concurrently
CACTUSPALM

I realized that I have moved and kept my Florida phone number but why am I expected to pay 2 911 fees (one from FL and one from TN) along with every other tax and fee from both states?  It makes no sense and I don't want to change my phone number. 

Labels (1)
Re: Why am I being charged taxes & fees from 2 states concurrently
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Did you change the service address associated with your account? The service address is different from the billing address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

Your billing account has both addresses on file.

0 Likes
evelynr_vzw
Verizon Employee

Making sure that charges on the account are accurate is crucial. Please check your inbox; I've sent you a private message. I assure you I will do all the research necessary to get this resolved for you.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
CACTUSPALM

I did update my address every time I moved.  Whether or not I updated my "service address" which I was not aware of, I should not be charged the same taxes in two different states.  It just can't be legal.

andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

CACTUSPALM,

We certainly don't want to see you paying for these services in multiple states. We'll be glad to look into this and make sure we get this solved. How taxes are charged varies by state but I'm confident we can get it sorted out. I see Evelyn sent you a private message. Have you been able to reply to that?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
CACTUSPALM

Yes I did, thank you.  I even bought two brand new phones this year, in TN. 

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

CACTUSPALM,

Your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated and thanks for the update! I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, we're here if you need us.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Philadelphia42

I just found out that people who relocate from one state to another state and keep their original phone number will be charged for two states because your phone calls are bouncing off cell phone towers based on your original area code. Since you live in a new state they tax you as well.

The only way around this is to change your phone number. Land lines are not affected by this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure your bill is correct. I have sent you a Private Message to continue.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes