Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Why am I getting overage charges while on WiFi?
BRIWHI93

Is anyone else getting ripped off by this data overage charge? I have 4 phones on the plan and the only Iphone is using 65% of the data. I checked the usage logs and from what I can tell, I am being charged for data usage when it is on WiFi. Anybody else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Data Ripoff
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Is the Wifi assist on or off on the iPhone? Is the applications set to use wifi only on the iPhone?

You can also look at subscribing to the Family Base feature to restrict the amount of data used line. It does have a monthly fee.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Is the Wifi assist on or off on the iPhone? Is the applications set to use wifi only on the iPhone?

You can also look at subscribing to the Family Base feature to restrict the amount of data used line. It does have a monthly fee.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Piscestg

On our three iPhones I realized that wifi assist was on by default when we bought them.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Yep, that's the way Apple designed their products.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Briwhi93,

We never want you to feel this way. Wifi assist when enabled will use cellular data if the wifi signal is weak. I'm glad you found that this was turned on, so wifi can stay connected. Did you disable wifi assist on the phones? If so, how's usage been since turning it off?

KatrinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes