Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I getting usage alerts when I have an unlimited plan?
rdtrujillo

I've gotten data usage alerts a few times and never really paid attention to them because they're usually messages that 75% of the plan has been used but the month ends the next day. This month I got the 75% usage message a day after the billing month started, then a 90% alert the next day. I logged onto the website to check because I was reasonably sure our plan has unlimited talk/text and sure enough-- not a single thing on my account says anything about being close to a limit. Or that a limit even exists.

So I have two questions:

1. Why am I receiving these alerts at all when my plan doesn't have a limit?

2. Am I going to be charged if I go over what these messages *think* is my limit? Am I going to stop getting text messages?

I tried the chat support function and it was totally useless. I'm still waiting for customer support to call me back. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a bit of a scam to get me to buy a different plan when I don't actually need it.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting usage alerts when I have an unlimited plan?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Which plan do you have? Are you using the hotspot feature? What is the exact message you are receiving? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes