Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I not being recognized as an account manager?
Melonybeth

Ugh. This has been ongoing and I just can't take it anymore. I've been a Verizon customer forever, yet I let my brother talk me into dropping my account and getting a shared plan. He is the primary name/owner/manager on the account. I've requested through the app time and time again to become a manager and he never gets anything to confirm. He's called CS many times and a rep always tells him I am a manager. Well I am considering adding another line for a Gear 2 and I still can't do that. As soon as I try I get that big speech about how I'm only an account member. I messaged my brother and he took screenshot from his end saying I'm a manager showing on his My Verizon. So what is the problem?! Why isn't my account recognizing this? It's super frustrating not to be able to have access to MY things. This just might be the final straw to make me leave. I'm at my wit's end.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I not being recognized as an account manager?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Melonybeth, it's concerning that you are experiencing issues with being able to help manage the account as an Account Manager. You mention that the Account Owner's My Verizon is showing your line as an Account Manager, are you only viewing My Verizon through the application on your device? Have you attempted to access My Verizon through a browser? If not, does it not name you as an Account Manager when you sign in through the browser? If so, what model of device are you using to access My Verizon?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Melonybeth

Yes I have attempted through a browser. That was my first thought because a CSR did tell me that the app still had many bugs. Even through the browser (I tried many of those too) I am labeled as account member. I am using a Samsung Note 5 purchased through Verizon (SM-N920V).

0 Likes
Melonybeth

Helloooooo?! Working 3rd shift makes it very hard to go to a brick and mortar. I wish Verizon would actually help me with this via their online tools. I've gotten no where for far too long. Shame on you, Verizon. Happy my contract is up soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Melonybeth,

Thank you for getting back to us. One suggestion would be to uninstall the application and the redownload it, however, if youa re still getting the issue through the browser this still may not work. We can unregister you from My Verizon and then have you register again. This would require accessing the account privately.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Melonybeth

And how do you propose I access my account privately when I can't do anything as just an account member? Why did someone ask me what model phone I had?

Go ahead and unregister me, I'll re-register. I'll try anything at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We can take a look into this further. Please respond back to the DM I have sent you.

MahrizaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bh711

Did your issue ever get resolved? I'm dealing with the same thing, and NO account managers are listed on my account. Such a pain...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bh711,

Account concerns are never fun. Our goal is to help. Provide us with specific details about your concern.

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bmnoltimier

Me too! Been having this issue for years! They say I'm an account manager and yet I am almost 30 and still not allowed to purchase my own phone.

0 Likes