Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I not the account owner?
sreffert

I'm literally the only number associated with my account and somehow I am not the account owner. I wanted to beef up my data plan but can't change it. How do I remedy this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why am I not the account owner?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That's odd if you are the only line on the account. I would suggest calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and ask them to look at your account and figure out why you are not listed as an account owner.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Are you in a prepaid or postpaid account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sreffert

I am not

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That wasn't the answer I was looking for. Do you have a prepaid account? Or do you have a postpaid account? There is a difference and it affects if you are considered an account owner or an account member.

0 Likes
sreffert

Oh sweet jesus I'm a fool. I don't know where my brain went when I wrote that response haha. I have a post paid account

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That's odd if you are the only line on the account. I would suggest calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and ask them to look at your account and figure out why you are not listed as an account owner.

0 Likes
BrunoSharon

@Vzsupport im going back to my old company they set my line up wrong I’m the owner and you have the other number as owner I don’t have time for that 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! We'd be happy to take a look and see what's going on. To avoid working with multiple agents, let's get you into the Secure Channel. This will ensure we stay together, and work on resolving this concern. Please click the link below, hope to see you soon!

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6009zk59z

*Angela

0 Likes