Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I still being charged full price on my promotional half-off phone?
palomin0

I bought a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge because there was a half-off promotion.  I wasn't in dire need of a phone and was waiting for a newer LG to go on sale. They never did so when I saw the Samsung deal, I went with it. I have been told every month since December, 2016 that the sale price will be reflected on my next bill. My next bill for April still shows full price. I have talked on the phone and in chat with Verizon reps and was told to save my chat for proof and I did.

Labels (1)
Re: Why am I still being charged full price on my promotional half-off phone?
MC_Navigator

So, I signed up for the same promotion. I am on my 4th billing cycle and Verizon has not applied the credit. I had a chat with a Verizon rep and he said he would "escalate" the issue. Sounds like they lost the agreement.

Here is the interesting facts:

1. None of the online delivery forms, including the equipment payment agreement, mention the $15.00 promotion.

2. The only place I actually have recorded the $18.00 per month credit is on a screen shot of the order confirmation that I judiciously recorded.

I made it clear to the Verizon rep that this promotion verges on a scam. No confirmation of the credit, other than on the screen, that a credit exists. Failure to apply the credit per agreement. And now, when I call up, it appears that Verizon would have never given the credit if I hadn't called. This is just a dressed up version of rebate coupons, but worse. It appears constructed to release Verizon from their credit promise unless you were lucky enough to take a screen shot of the final confirmation.

I made it clear to the rep that I think this verges on a scam and expect, not only the credit, but an adjustment for Verizon deceptive failure to live up to the agreement.

MC_Navigator

Can anyone saw "Class Action Law Suit"?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

palomin0 wrote:

I bought a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge because there was a half-off promotion. I wasn't in dire need of a phone and was waiting for a newer LG to go on sale. They never did so when I saw the Samsung deal, I went with it. I have been told every month since December, 2016 that the sale price will be reflected on my next bill. My next bill for April still shows full price. I have talked on the phone and in chat with Verizon reps and was told to save my chat for proof and I did.

Possibly you are not aware of how this will show up on your bill. You will ALWAYS be charged the full price for your phone. You will ALSO, however, receive a separate credit for the half of the amount on your bill. While your bill will ALWAYS show you are being charged full price, the separate credit on your bill will bring the "net" amount charged down to the "half-off" you are expecting.

0 Likes
MC_Navigator

I think the point is that the credit is not showing up. Currently Verizon owes me 4X$18 or $72.

Promotion Image.jpg

I understand it is a credit. I also understand it has never been applied and the Verizon rep did not even know what promotion I was talking about or whether it would be applied in the next cycle.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

MC_Navigator wrote:

Can anyone saw "Class Action Law Suit"?

Lots of people can say that, however not likely against Verizon due to the following:

Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

Regardless, why would you want to go "class action" anyway? You will ALWAYS receive less money than you would have received had you brought the claim yourself in small claims court due to the lawyers taking a HEFTY chunk of any money to which you were entitled vs the FULL amount you would receive should your small claim be successful. Additionally, any "class action" would likely take YEARS to adjudicate where the small claims action would likely take less than a month or so.

Of course, "Class Action" certainly sounds better even if it is usually only the lawyers in the case which make out the best..

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

MC_Navigator wrote:

I understand it is a credit. I also understand it has never been applied and the Verizon rep did not even know what promotion I was talking about or whether it would be applied in the next cycle.

I wasn't responding to you when making that point, but the person who started this thread. This is why I normally quote the statement to which I am referring when making a post, so there is no confusion as to what I am responding to.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MC_Navigator

Of course a Class Action suit would be more hassle than it is worth. In fact, the agreement requires arbitration first. I just like a little "over-the-top" response. Read the agreement and see the terms Verizon lays down. If I don't live up to my part, pay my bill on time, then I am subject to late fees and penalties. What is good for the goose, is good for the gander. They failed to apply the credit, or even execute the promotional agreement correctly. The entire process is deceptive and the online agreements that are executed after the order do not mention the credit. They plan on finally living up to their end, two months late and just say that is good enough.

This is the second agreement I have had with Verizon that they have screwed up. Two years ago, another phone on the account was upgraded. Sixty days later, I get a bill for a non-returned phone. My agreement, executed through Best Buy, did not require return of the phone. A return envelope was never generated. Apparently, Verizon had a software problem and over the course of two weeks, Best Buy customers in select states where being given the wrong agreement. Verizon would not just eliminate the charge, for a phone that had zero value, but required me to return it. Since they couldn't get the system to generate a return envelope, I had to send it myself. Since it didn't arrive at the return center in the standard envelope, it took another month to track the receipt and finally get credit. All in a system where the computer was adding monthly late fees and penalties. Verizon finally made good, but never compensated me for my time and effort. Now two years later, I spend 30 minutes on a Verizon chat to correct another promotional/billing error.

I know what you are thinking. Yes, as soon as I get my last college age daughter on her own, I will take advantage of the AT&T/DirecTV merger and switch carriers. Free phone, reduced price bundle, and a year of promotional credits. The point is Verizon is doing this to customers, customers are not the problem

palomin0

And my payments will ALWAYS be this high every month? I can't afford this! This is the 5th billing cycle with no mention anywhere of a promotion price. I live on Social Security. I should have taken the Obama phone instead of getting scammed by Verizon.

Davidp2of3

I'm having the same issue with 3 lines. Added a line got 2 note 8's and a z3 no promo ever received 

0 Likes