Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why can't I block phone numbers?
Danl99

I tried to block a number, and it came back with "We were unable to complete your requested change at this time." (Which is what it told me yesterday when I tried to do it.) I have a standard Verizon wireless subscription that supposedly lets me block five numbers for 90 days. I go to the page where I'm asked to enter the numbers, and I get this error when I have done that. What's going on?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: can't block phone numbers
Danl99

OK, I got it working. I contacted the online help at Verizon, and they worked it out quickly. What I needed to have installed was the "Call & Message Blocking" feature. They did that for me, and now everything works. Strangely, in my four-line account, my line didn't have that feature installed. The others did. I have no idea how you do that yourself, but it was very easy for them to do it for me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
aboutbusiness613

I am having the same problem. The answers in the community forum give the same instructions that I have been unsuccessfully trying to use. That method has always worked in the past. I've been with Verizon a long time. Please post if you find out anything different, and I will do the same. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Being able to block number is a great feature to have when someone just won’t get the hint. I want to make sure that we help you achieve this Danl99. We currently do not have any know issues that would stop you from adding contacts to your block list. Have you reached your max amount of block contacts? Have you cleared your web-browser cookies or tried using a different one?

Here to help.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Danl99

Nope. Just doesn't work. On two different machines using Firefox (so it's unlikely to be a cache issue).

I sign in, MyPlan&Services -> BlockCalls , put a phone number in the box and hit Submit. It always comes back with

"We are unable to complete your requested change at this time. Please try again later." So I try again later. Again, and again, and again. Same thing.

Simply doesn't work.

0 Likes
Danl99

P.S. I have no phone numbers in my block list at all. I'm trying to add the first one.

0 Likes
Danl99

OK, I got it working. I contacted the online help at Verizon, and they worked it out quickly. What I needed to have installed was the "Call & Message Blocking" feature. They did that for me, and now everything works. Strangely, in my four-line account, my line didn't have that feature installed. The others did. I have no idea how you do that yourself, but it was very easy for them to do it for me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for the delay and thanks for the update! I'm glad we were able to assist you with getting the feature added. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, we're here if you need us.
AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

DanI99, we appreciate your efforts thus far. We're stepping in to help. Click the link below for the step by step video on how to add phone numbers to the block list online at My Verizon:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-block-calls-video/

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
aboutbusiness613

Thanks so much for the update!! At least now i have options as to how to

resolve the issue.

0 Likes
troycope

This happened to me too.  The first time I added 1 number to the block list, I also typed in a Memo.  That's when I got the message.  I tried again, but this time without a Memo, and it worked.  Hope this works for others as well.  I don't know if not adding a Memo fixed the problem but it worked for me.

0 Likes