Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why can't I undo an "accidental" line transfer to different account with the same owner?
Rachel_AZ

3 months ago my husband "accidentally" transferred our current 3 lines out of what used to be a business account that had 5 lines, into a personal account, switching the phone number registered as the account owner from my number to his number in the process. The email address was also changed from mine to his, and the two lines not transferred were cancelled.  He also accidentally changed the name on the account to a business name, yet the same social security number was used for both accounts.   I cannot access the old account.  The usage information for the lines on that account was extremely important and my husband and I have been unable to undo the changes he made to the account.  Today I was told that we couldnt transfer the lines to the old account because the Social security was the same number and so i called and they said it couldnt go through because the account was in "final bill" status and simply not possible to put the lines back where they belong.  

What is going on? My husband claims he thought he was transfering to a business account and forgot we already had one.  This whole thing is very suspicous to me and I don't understand why Im getting blocked from information

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I undo an "accidental" line transfer to different account with the same owner?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are sorry to hear of the ordeal that you have gone through and would feel the same way. At this time it would be best to contact our business support team at 800-922-0204 for further assistance with this concern. 

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I undo an "accidental" line transfer to different account with the same owner?
Tigerstep

There's no accidental transfer. Those take a conscious effort to authorize, do a credit check and accept terms and conditions to accept.

0 Likes