Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why can't i choose from all available data plans?
pguiheen

Hello,

I am currently on the XXL data plan which is 24GB. I want to downsize this month, probably to the XL data plan. When i go to the screen to change plans it goes from L to Unlimited and does not show me the options for XL or XXL. Why is this? I have to get on a Live Chat and have them do it for me, and they are often unavailable, It would be a lot simpler if all the options were there

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why can't i choose from all available data plans?
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

pguiheen​ , we always want to make sure that our customers are set up for wireless success and want to make sure we help  you review your best plan options. In order to get started, I will send you a Direct Message to better assist you with account specific information.

Please check your  inbox for my Direct Message.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The option was removed online when they added the unlimited plan. You can request it through customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone. You might also be able to request through Chat.

Verizon probably wanted to remove those large plans to encourage customers to switch to the new Verizon Unlimited Plan instead of the higher tiered plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

It's cheaper to choose the unlimited plan than the L or XL plan unless you have an employee discount. 

Unlimited only allows military discounts.

0 Likes
pguiheen

I have an employee discount but also i don't want my data throttled at 22gb

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

If you dont need the data and have a cheaper price with discount, then tiered plan is best for you.

But your understanding of the unlimited plan is incorrect

Data is NOT throttled, at 22 gigs or any other gig limited either. 

Reprioritized lines might experience some slow down after they hit 22 gigs.  So far the forum has seen no complaints that customers hit 22 gigs like a brick wall.

That is per line, not per account.  4 lines 88 gigs guarenteed full speed. 

0 Likes
pguiheen

I can't even risk being throttled as i work from home.

The 22gb is per line so once my home internet device hits 22gb it's at risk of being throttled and this device uses pretty much all the data for the plan

I don't want to mess around with setting up hotspots to route laptops etc through a phone to keep the internet device under 22gb - it's too much hassle

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The Internet devices that create a hotspot are restricted to 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data before you are slowed down to 3G speeds for the remainder of the billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

pguiheen​ , we always want to make sure that our customers are set up for wireless success and want to make sure we help  you review your best plan options. In order to get started, I will send you a Direct Message to better assist you with account specific information.

Please check your  inbox for my Direct Message.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you work from home, a landline ISP may be a much cheaper alternative.

0 Likes
PETRICGJ

Only one plan missing. All others available.

0 Likes