Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Re: Why can't verizon honor it's own promotion?
mama23dogs

The promotion has been applied based on phone numbers.  Is the other line on your plan from a different area originally?

0 Likes
txqwnb16

I replied but the rep never replied back.

0 Likes
txqwnb16

No, the promotion was only for new lines. The cost you see on the existing lines are without any discount.

The $10 lines which originally had smartphones, were the two lines the discount should have applied to, at the time they were new and still within the return period.

Those line should be just like the line I walked through the checkout process with and have a $0 line access fee.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't verizon honor it's own promotion?
mama23dogs

rewind please... Exactly what is the problem, simply stated?  The second line should get the discount also?

We agree the promo did exist.  But does your other line qualify?  Maybe.  Maybe not. 

the waiver is for a smartphone line, not a tablet.  And as the promotion states, it is for select areas, numbers etc.

Another customer lived in the area, but one of his numbers was originally from California, ported in for the promo, but not eligible.  That customer got the line fee waived on one line, not the second.

0 Likes
txqwnb16

OMG, read and comprehend.

I asked for for the promotion on two new smartphone lines initially.

I did not switch the lines over to tablets until AFTER I learned Verizon did not apply the promotion to the account.

The purpose of me including the screenshots from checkout was to show my account WAS ELIGIBLE for the promotion. As it clearly shows the discount in the checkout cart above. The checkout process was an EXAMPLE only, I just wanted to show that I did qualify. When I initially contacted Verizon, 2 of my 3 existing lines were less than a week old (STILL WITHIN THE RETURN PERIOD.) I told the representative that information and asked if I could get the promotion. I only wanted the monthly access fee waived on the 2 new lines, I read and comprehend, I wasn't asking for it to be waived on the line I have had over a year. The representative told me he could change my plan to 18gb xxl and the access fee on the 2 new lines would be waived as long as 1 smartphone remained on DPP. When I checked my account a week later I saw that both new lines still showed a fee. I called Verizon and the rep said I would have to pay the first month and then the promotion would take effect. She was thinking about the first bill and prorated charges, my concern was it was not reflecting the discount on myVerizon on the Plan page. I hung up and got another representative who stated the promotion did not exist. I called back a week later and chatted with a rep a week later and was told the promotion did not exist. It is beyond unbelievable that Verizon doesn't have an internal website showing all available promotions.

If the first rep would have said he was having trouble applying the promotion, I could have canceled those two new lines and went into the store and set two new lines up again with the promotion. I wouldn't have cared, I got a great deal on the new phones using a coupon code and taking advantage of the $300 trade-in Promo.

* The promotion existed in my area, I saw advertisements for it on a Billboard every morning on my way to work.

* The numbers were brand new and not ported.

*  As I have shown,I was offered the promotion on the website when I was going through the checkout process. All the 1st rep should have done was say even though your lines are new it is not letting me apply the promotion, he did not.

* The lines were originally smartphones. They were switched to tablets after I found out the first rep did not apply the promotion. That was not the disqualifier.

* Because I am on DPP the normal charge for my line access fee for a smartphone is $20 and $10 for a tablet. It is not a "special discount"' and it is NOT the discount that was advertised.

* I read the flyer, I saw the billboard. I read the thread about it on fatwallet and slickdeals. I know my normal monthly access charges. The only thing I want from Verizon is what was promised in the flyer. To save $240 my first year. That would be my normal line access charge of $20 *12 months. As one pic clearly shows line access discount $0 and the checkout page shows the line access fee and then a discount. If you do the math the when adding a new device in the example above the new monthly amount only increased by the amount of the DPP. Translation: In the example above, when adding a new line on the 18gb xxl plan, my monthly payment only increased by the amount of the DPP. My account was eligible for the promotion.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

Finally.  Now it is clear where it went wrong.  Both phones had to be added with device payments to get the promotion.

FYI, your information was not complete until the first half of the above lengthy post, which is all I had to read.

ALways read the fine print.

txqwnb16

you are still incorrect.

1. the only new information in my post was about the 2nd and 3rd rep I spoke with, that was nonessential information.

2. both smartphones were initially on dpp.

3. the original post started out that I contacted Verizon after adding two new lines of service asked about the promotion and was told I qualified, the promotion wasn't added to the account, I called back and was told the promotion didn't exist. I attached proof that the promotion did exist in the advertisement and by showing if I added a new line the promotion was offered.

FYI I think some people are really lazy when it comes to thinking.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

YOur posts are like Agatha Christie novels, interesting, well written, and yet not enough actual information to solve the mystery...

Every post dribbles out facts that might actually be useful.

Please put the details in chronological order and forward by sending a message to Verizon Wireless Customer Support

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

mama23dogs wrote:

Please put the details in chronological order and forward by sending a message to Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I don't know that this is such a great idea. At least in the past, the userid you have listed was a generic catch all un-monitored userid which all VZW reps used to sign in while posting in order to identify themselves as VZW reps. Any messages/follow requests would simply sit in this box unanswered. I assume this is still the case.

For example, to test this I sent a follow request to this userid and it has been awaiting approval for the last 14 months!!!!

In my opinion, it is better to find the userid for an individual VZW rep which has provided helpful information in previous posts and send a message/follow request to that rep for individual attention.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

was supposed to have sent a Direct Message (DM) to the user. Whether they did or not we don't know. If there is a message, it would be in the user's Community Inbox.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes