Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why cant I get off cash status?
ELENAKRUSE

Here's the story.

A couple months ago I get off my mom's account and start my own with my husband. I put my routing number and account number into the My Verizon app so that the payment can be taken off online. I wait for the payment to go through the account - nothing happens. So I wait cause in my mind I think "oh well since I'm new to paying maybe its taking a while to get the payment through?" Due date of bill was March 14th. I check the account a couple days later of due date - still the money hasn't been taken out, but I check My Verizon and it states "Must pay bill in Cash at nearest store"..... ok? nbd I go to the bank (march 17th) get the cash and pay in store at my nearest Verizon. Not really thinking a whole lot and just wondering if maybe I put in the wrong routing number or account number to my bank? So I just continue to pay cash the following months (because the online option isn't available) and cause its not the biggest deal for me to do it that way.

A couple months later (today) I go into a store because I'm eligible for an upgrade. I am then told because I am on a "cash only" status - I need to wait for 6 months until I can actually upgrade.......?????

I then get on the phone with customer service and financial services and they say there is NOTHING I can do about that - I was put on cash only status in March and have to wait till September for it to be lifted! There is nothing else they can do, because the first payment was "returned".

So even though there was money in the account of the first payment that was due (you can even check my bank account statements) and somehow the transaction didn't go through (not sure why??) and payment was made a couple days after due date - there is nothing you guys can do????? Every payment after that has been paid on time!

How terrible is that?? My side was not regarded at all and there was no effort to make anything right. SUPER dumb.

I am very unsatisfied with the customer service and how everything was handled!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why cant I get off cash status?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I believe the policy is 6 months of on time payments before you can get the cash only status removed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

With autopay you should always pay the bill manually for that first bill because that isn't always processed through the autopay especially if there was an error with the banking account information or credit card number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I believe the policy is 6 months of on time payments before you can get the cash only status removed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ELENAKRUSE,

Verizon Wireless does commit to delivering the best products and service with customer service being the priority. Operating with integrity is at the core of who we are as a company and it does concern us to hear you feel this way. When setting up a new account with us there can be several reasons as to why your account is placed on a cash only status. One would be if there are 2 payments that are reversed due to insufficient funds and if the very first payment is returned for any reason. From what you have described it sounds like the second of those situations may have happened. In this case it does put your account in a cash only mode until 6 months of on time payments to reverse the status. Unfortunately as you were advised this is unable to be removed before the 6 months have passed. We do understand your concern and hope that we can restore your faith in us going forward.

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jimwayne

They have royally angered me off as well. My situation was the account number was entered wrong at time of payment a mistake in typing. I now cannot even receive a replacement device due to a manufacturer defect. Today verizon is losing a 20 year customer. They are terrible with customer service now 

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@Jimwayne wrote:

They have royally angry me off as well. My situation was the account number was entered wrong at time of payment a mistake in typing. I now cannot even receive a replacement device due to a manufacturer defect. Today verizon is losing a 20 year customer. They are terrible with customer service now 

Um.   It was your mistake right?   But you're going to blame who?  
Just an FYI; your auto pay is taken before your due date, which means you still had time to pay online.   And when entering checking information, you have time to proof read.  

abay93

This is basically what happened to me. I entered information for auto-pay, it didnt tell me that my payment was rejected until the bill was already late. I then tried to pay by a debit and credit card which I knew, as my bank account was, had plenty of money in them. Both were denied. I was then finally able to pay my bill with the gift card verizon gave me for joining with my own phone.

The next month my automatic payment was again denied but they did not tell me why. I called and they told me it was because I attached a savings account which they do not accept. I changed the account, had it routed to my checking and was told all was well.

The next month I was told I was on 6 month cash only with no recourse. Its entirely absurd and I am furious.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to do everything we can to help regarding this account Payment status.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
Rodri1er

Okay but the penalty for typing a number wrong is being forced to pay in cash for 6 months and not being able to upgrade when you’re eligible? Especially after being a customer for 20 years? Man gtfo

Rodri1er

Okay but the penalty for typing a number wrong is being forced to pay in cash for 6 months and not being able to upgrade when you’re eligible? Especially after being a customer for 20 years? Man gtfo

0 Likes