Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why do I have to add money when I still have a balance
nadahappycamper

I got a message from Verizon that my plan expired today and had to add money. I still have a $16 balance, why do I need to add any money? This is ridiculous! Can someone explain it to me please. I have the very basic .25 per minute plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why do I have to add money when I still have a balance
sprmankalel
Leader

The reason is because your account will expire based on how much you added last. The good thing is when you add money any balance will be carried forward.

On the plan you have, if you add $100 you will have 365 days of service or until the balance is used. If at the end of the 365 days you have a balance say of $20 and you add another $100 your balance for the next 365 would be $120.

Here is the payment chart to help you better understand how your payments and expirations work.

• $15-$29.99 expires in 30 days
  • $75-$99.99 expires in 180 days
  • $30-$74.99 expires in 90 days
  • $100 or more expires in ONE YEAR!

View solution in original post

Re: Why do I have to add money when I still have a balance
sprmankalel
Leader

The reason is because your account will expire based on how much you added last. The good thing is when you add money any balance will be carried forward.

On the plan you have, if you add $100 you will have 365 days of service or until the balance is used. If at the end of the 365 days you have a balance say of $20 and you add another $100 your balance for the next 365 would be $120.

Here is the payment chart to help you better understand how your payments and expirations work.

• $15-$29.99 expires in 30 days
  • $75-$99.99 expires in 180 days
  • $30-$74.99 expires in 90 days
  • $100 or more expires in ONE YEAR!