Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why do verizon customer service reps lie so much?
smarsee

I am so fed up with Verizon. It seems as though the customer service reps lie and make things up and there is no accountability.

I was told that I can port my number from AT&T and then upgrade once the port was complete. Well this was a total LIE! After spending the whole day being told by verizon that there was fraud on my account and my neighborhood has a lot of fraud in it (WTF) and that is why I couldnt upgrade, I finally found out the reason I couldnt upgrade was because once you open an account, if you dont buy a new phone at the time of activation you have to wait 3-6 months. This makes no sense, and I was specifically told I could upgrade AT ANY TIME because I am not locked into any contract.
I asked the customer service reps to pull the call with the person who told me this and they said they could not even see that conversation in their system. When I told them I have her name AND phone number, they magically were able to see the call, but dont know if they can actually pull the call. Funny thing is I have a friend who works for verizon and he told me they are very capable of pulling calls and calls are recorded for QUALITY ASSURANCE for issues such as THIS. Even after they agreed to "Try to pull the call," the woman on the phone said, even if she did tell you that you still cant upgrade.

I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau and telling EVERYONE I know to avoid verizon. This women told me lies to get me to port my line and now verizon will do nothing about it. I was also told I would have 4g LTE at my home and I have 1 bar and NO service. And the best they could do was suggest I buy a booster. Why should I buy a booster if I specifically told her I live down a hill and asked if she can check my address specifically and she said yes you will have excellent service. I truly have never had such terrible service. They are totally unapologetic and they make no effort to rectify the situation. I paid an early termination fee to leave AT&T based on FALSE promises. I will probably be porting back to AT&T because I cant trust verizon and clearly anything I am told will not be honored.

Thanks for wasting my time and my money, verizon.

Labels (1)
Re: Why do verizon customer service reps lie so much?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

smarsee,

I'm so sorry to hear about so much trouble with your brand new account. It really sounds like you've been through a lot here. That's never what we want your experience to be with us. I'll be happy to investigate this matter for you to see what's going on. I'm going to send you a private message in the forum system since we can't take any of your information publicly here. Please be on the lookout for that.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
youshouldtoo

I agree with you Verizon has a problem of lying and/not telling everything you need to know. Verizon has a habit of withholding information and will not give out information about your account until it is to late. famous words from Verizon (its computer generated and you will see the changes on your next bill).. When my contract is up this year I am planning on going to straight talk...

bartholk13

This is so typical of Verizon these days! Their Customer Service has become really bad. I am thinking it is because of the fact that we seem to be dealing more and more with overseas Reps. I don't say that to be spiteful, it is my experience and many I have talked to, also. So on to my complaint...

My service was turned off yesterday, (yes, to those of you that lurk just to beat up on people who have problems paying their bill - please don't comment; you know NOTHING about anyone's situation but your own), even though I talked to someone Friday who put me on a payment plan that involved one week of payments. I switched which bank account one of the payments would be coming out of, and the guy said no problem.

When my service was interrupted yesterday, I called Verizon and I was basically called a liar by the customer service rep, (what a joke that title is), who told me that there was no record of someone changing bank accounts for my payment, that all she saw was coming my record coming up and telling her that I was the one who cancelled it on my own. On my own!!!!  She told me that I broke the agreement because of this and would be charged to have it reinstated and had to pay my full bill to get service again. Would I like to make a payment?

I asked her if I understood this correctly -  I would need to pay the full amount due, even though over $200 of it is not due UNTIL October 7th, EVEN THOUGH I spoke to someone on Friday? She said yes.

Since when do you have to pay earlier than the due date??? I kept telling her that this was not acceptable, that I spent a LOT of time on the phone Friday about this and why did I have to pay October 7th's bill now! She repeated that to be reinstated, this is how it would have to be. Period.

When I again stated I couldn't believe there was no record of me talking to the guy on Friday, she told me that there is no such thing as someone at Verizon changing the bank account like this, so it had to be ME and that it had already been put against the account on Wednesday - before I supposedly talked to someone on Friday. I didn't understand this, as the payment was originally post-dated for 9/25! How could it have been put through on 9/21????

So after talking to her "Supervisor", (yeah, right), and then asking for a Manager, I was finally able to reinstate my account. However I STILL had to pay the payment that is due October 7th!

The kicker is, I realized afterward that I had the texts that Verizon sends to me when I make payments, etc. So guess what? I have proof that this all happened! Shame it is a little too late.

Verizon sucks.

0 Likes
sky1759

I have the same issue!! All you get is lip service and bs just to get rid of you!!

sky1759

I have been with Verzion for about 6 years but not for much longer. They use to have good customer service and if you went to their store it was great!! But not for the last 6 months from Fort Myers Fl and even in San Diego Ca. The reps are to busy to be bothered and no one tells the truth its all lies. I have even had them hang up when they dont want to answer questions.

My son already went to AT&T about 2 yrs ago and said it is much better and it looks like that is where I too will be going!!

They must be having lie classes...

nickroblancaster

I seriously cannot stand verizon anymore. I've only been with them for a year and they've taken advantage of me and my girlfriend multiple times. They always say your bill will come out to be X when they sign you up with a new phone or plan. Then the bill finally comes and it's never the amount they say. They are seriously liars. It's not just one rep. It's all of them and that has to do with training, which has to do with upper management and that has to do with the orders that are coming from the executives. This company is shady as all get out. If you don't have verizon, great... Keep doing your thing. You are wise for staying away. They are only this popular because they give the appearance that they are so great with all their advertisements. I had Metro PCS for 8 years and while the phone call quality might not have been the greatest, I can say with out a doubt... They are loyal to their customers. The phone bill was always the same... NO BS EVER. Verizon should grab a pen and notepad and take some notes for real. People won't fall for this trash forever verizon. You've lost my business the moment I pay off this phone. BTW EVERYONE... Verizon holds you hostage with your credit score. They know you will just keep paying because you are risking your credit by leaving. These guys are so trash I swear I could rant about them all day long. Keep this up Verizon and I promise I will start a blog specifically to spread the truth about your tyrant business model.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

nickroblancaster, this most certainly isn't the experience we want you to have nor the feelings we want to leave you with. It's certainly not in our nature to lie to you or want to make you feel that way. We are here to help. What issues are you having? Please provide some additional details for extra support.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nighttiger18

Yes, they do. I'm stuck in a phone that terrible because they sales rep told me all kinds of lies about how it's the first 5G phone and my service will be upgraded to 5G after 1/2019. It's almost 2020 and their not even close to implementing 5G in my area. It trashes me off that this is common practice and the executives know about and could care less as long as they get your money. I'm switching carriers as soon as my phone is paid off!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your feedback is valued, Nighttiger18. We want to do what we can do to get you to stay with us.

We are excited about 5G and we look forward to expanding it to more areas. You are already ahead of the game with your device. 

You mentioned your phone is terrible, and that concerns us. What phone do you have? What is going on with it? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes