Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why does my carry over data disappear?
THOTUR84

I have been unpleasantly surprised to see that carry over data does not carry over beyond one billing cycle. So the "you keep your data" advertisement is not really true. Time for a customer rebellion?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my carry over data disappear?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It’s important to have all the correct information, THOTUR84. It’s never our intention to mislead our customers or cause undue stress. We appreciate your sincere feedback regarding the advertisement. You’re correct in that the carryover data is available for the following month. After that time, if it is not used, it does not carry further. Please refer to this FAQ page for more details: http://spr.ly/6580DF8II

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
THOTUR84

Yes, I understand completely. I pay for it but don't get to keep it. Business as usual, I suppose.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

THOTUR84 wrote:

I have been unpleasantly surprised to see that carry over data does not carry over beyond one billing cycle. So the "you keep your data" advertisement is not really true. Time for a customer rebellion?

That simply means moving to a carrier of your choosing. Those who are unhappy with Verizon should definitely do so. Good luck with the new provider.

Are you a new Verizon customer? This policy on carryover data at Verizon has been the case ever since it was introduced. This is nothing new and should not come as a surprise. The policy is clearly explained in the carryover description and has been so from its inception.

Carryover Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless

glitchedpixel

Carryover data is data you aren't using, Verizon only recently started doing this to save you during a bad month. If you consistently are getting carryover, you aren't losing anything because you aren't using it. I don't see what the complaint is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You're valued to us, and we don't want you to feel this way, THOTUR84. We introduced carry over data to our newer plans to ensure that you're able to enjoy your data as much as possible. If there is anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes