Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why does my messaging app show 3 unread messages when I have 1
MAM_MEEMA

Since I upgraded to the Galaxy S9+ my Verizon messaging apps show 3 unread messages when I have 1 and 4 when I have 2, etc, etc. How can I get it to display correctly?

Mary

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Why does my messaging app show 3 unread messages when I have 1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MAM.MEEMA , 

The Galaxy S9+ is a powerful phone capable of many great things, but let's see what's going on with Message+. Does it always show an extra 2 unread messages? Do you recall using Message+ on other devices or platforms? While there is still much more to review on this, check out #4 under "Syncing Messages Across Devices" here: https://vz.to/2ILiArm . This will only remove your messaging account from the Sync feature that let's you use a different device to view texts, and can always be reactivated later. Please keep us updated on how that goes.

RussellM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mauer8

I'm having the same issue with Message +, except my app icon is showing 4 next messages everytime (when I'm really only getting one). How do I fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mauer8, we always want to ensure that you’re notifications are working properly and you’ve certainly come to the right place for help. Can you tell us when you started to experience this? What’s the make/model of your device?  Were there any recent changes made to your device at the time this issue presented itself?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
chuck9997

I have the exact same problem with Samsung S8. Tried changing messaging app..  but same results.  Does anyone have a fix?

0 Likes
MAM_MEEMA

Hello, it shows a variable amount but always more than what I have. I have used this on the Galaxy S7 Edge without this problem. The link that you provided goes to a dead website page.

Thank you, Mary

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for getting back to us, Mary. Are you using any other device with Messaging +? Any other counters not accurate? I did find this on Samsung's community: http://spr.ly/6580DwfNG

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lfischer767
Spoiler
I think mine started after an update too. Mine shows I have 8 new messages, when I only have 1
0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes