Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why does the "Chat with us" not work on my account?
DonaldLegg

I have a Verizon prepaid number.  I just started with Verizon for the first time a week ago after being with Tracfone for 14 years.  I have had an issue to deal with, and historically, I've had better experiences with chat sessions solving problems.

It says "Looks like this isn't a Verizon Prepaid number." Well, it certainly is a prepaid number and I have a receipt to assure me that it is.

Off topic from this post...  What is particularly aggravating is that the number given is useless to me.  Of course I know how to check my balance, pay my bill, determine my unused resources - My online account can do all that.  I can use a computer very well.  No, I need to find out why my number porting failed - that requires a human.  If I ask for porting, I am told that they are "...experiencing technical difficulties, Goodbye" and then hung up on.  This is disappointing coming from a company specializing in telephony services.  This is not what I decided to pay extra for.

Chat window on Verizon website with an error message.Chat window on Verizon website with an error message.

0 Likes
Re: Why does the "Chat with us" not work on my account?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know your time is valuable. There are only two opportunities to work on your Prepaid Account. Those include the My Verizon website or My Verizon app. The other is the phone number shared above in the photo.

0 Likes