Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why does verizon consistently cancel auto pay then charge me
bobfor1

I don't understand how Verizon is consistently cancelling my auto-pay option without any advance notification then sticking me with a late fee. This has happened the last 3 months of billing and I have consistently contacted customer support with the issue. The last time I asked them to confirm if there were any issues and was told there were none yet here we are again with a cancellation without notification then telling me that the bill is late.

Why am I wasting my time with auto pay if Verizon is just going to cancel it and charge me late fees? Is this purposely done in order to generate more fee income for you guys? This issue is easily solved if you would just notify people that the auto pay will be cancelled and that it needs to be updated if there are any issues. I never had so much trouble paying for a bill except you guys. You're customer support is apparently not even helpful if this is happening every month. Please stop asking for reviews because I can't go back and change it to give you guys 1 star or whatever you have on everything.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does verizon consistently cancel auto pay then charge me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bobfor1,

we want to make sure that you understand how auto payment works.

Auto Pay is a feature in My Verizon that allows you to set up a recurring monthly payment for your wireless bill. We'll automatically withdraw your payment every month, using your preferred payment method. This service is free. What charges are you referring to?

For more details regarding your options to make payments to your account, click http://vz.to/18Y0Czb

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does verizon consistently cancel auto pay then charge me
Jimm3301

I also just had this issue where Verizon just cancelled my auto-pay without reason, and never informed me.  They then slapped me with a late charge.  It sounds like I may need to contact my attorney general, as this sounds pretty fishy since it is occurring with other people.  

0 Likes