Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why does verizon service and network terrible now?
SKYDAWG

After months of our service getting continually spotty, and data speeds slowing, and multiple calls to apathetic customer service agents, and dozens of promised call backs from "escalated" tech support that never happened regardless of how convincing the empty promises were.

After months of frustrating live chats that were merely a poorly designed search engine, returning only canned unrelated responses, it's obvious Verizon is not the carrier it was and had refocused their efforts elsewhere.

After months of seeing my friends with budget cell service providers like sprint have better coverage and speeds than my Verizon costing twice what they pay, I'm done. 

So after 10 years we are moving on. For new verizon customers, I'd say your money is better spent elsewhere. Read the online reviews over last 8 months of verizons performance before signing any contracts.

Re: Why does verizon service and network terrible now?
DMathews1
Novice

I can confirm EVERYTHING your are saying is true!!! I've been a customer of Verizon for over 15 years and  their service has gone "way down hill"!!!! - - Every time I call in for tier 2 tech support, my calls are routed to the Philippines.  - - I guess Verizon found a way to save a couple bucks!!!  And the tech support from the  Philippines is pretty useless!!!

I was disconnected from my calls with Tier -2 tech support  "in the Philippines" twice in the last hour;  neither person texted me or called me back after the disconnection!  Why would anyone expect their cell phone provider to call them back after a disconnection... although they know your phone number, they can't be bothered calling back!  - - So, then you have to call back in through tier - 1 support and waste another half an hour;  "wash, rinse, repeat".... Crazy!!!

When I finally got through to another tier-2 tech person in the Philippines to go over my GPS issues on my new Galaxy S20+ phone, she asks me is my GPS turned "on"!!! I was furious... That's like calling your TV Cable Company with problems, and they ask, "Is your TV plugged in?"

Verizon has gone way down hill, period.  I am most likely going to switch to T-Mobile in the next week or so.... I'm tired of paying top dollar and getting terrible service.... My being a customer of Verizon for over 15 years makes absolutely no difference to them!!! - - Existing customers and prospective customers need to be forewarned about what awaits them...

Tigerstep

Ironically the more people leave, the better the service is for those that stay. Wish everyone and their grandma's dog would stop hyping up Verizon, would make it better for the rest of us.

Predator7
Novice

Verizon is greedy, knowing that they didn't have enough Tower to handle all the bandwidth and top of that Verizon have had bought Trakfone!!

DMathews1
Novice

Don't kid yourself into thinking that if 10,000 customers leave Verizon it's going to get/be better for those who stay. I've been with Verizon for about 20 years.  I know what was it like when they had "the best customer support/tech help anywhere".

And now, they are routing calls for tech support to the Phillipines... although the tech people there try their best to help, they are way, way below the tech support that used to be offered in the States.   Funny enough, or not, Samsung does the same thing.  All their tech calls are routed to the Phillipines... and the tech support for Samsung, just like Verizon, is about as bad as it can get.

And even support here on this forum is mediocre at best (aside from users providing help/tips).  Sometimes it's as if the Verizon tech people replying here do NOT read the entire posts they are replying to.... 

I am strongly considering TMobile as a new company.  Whereas Verizon's Nationwide 5G service is worse than our 4G LTE, I believe T-Mobile's 5G is better...  Of the 3 big companies, Verizon, ATT and TMobile, I believe TMobile wins the prize for now for service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh no, SKYDAWG! This is certainly not the way we want you to feel!  We absolutely value your loyalty and our intention is to help you in the best way possible and provide the world-class customer service you deserve. Can you please elaborate further? Is this issue occurring in multiple locations or a specific area? What services are being impacted? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We treasure your loyalty and we are so very sorry for any negative experience that you have had. We strive for excellent Customer Service and I am disappointed that this is not what you have received from us. I can assure you, we want to make this right. I am sending you a Private Message so we can begin to repair this relationship. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
DMathews1
Novice

I am not sure why I'm even replying to your message as I'm sure there is nothing you can/will do to change  my customer service experience.   - - Problems are many with Verizon...

1) Tier 2 calls are routed to the Phillipines...lousy tech support there...

2) New Nationwide 5g is no improvement over 4G LTE, in fact often worse.

3) I'm unable to turn off my Nationwide 5g service, so I have to endure slower speeds....

Tmobile should be calling me back tomorrow... After over 15 years and close to 20 I can see how Verizon's Customer service has sunk to a new low....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The last thing that we want is to lose you as a customer. Please allow us the opportunity to help you turn this around. Please send us a PM to continue. DavidR_VZW

kasp3rd

I have only been with VZW for 2 months and have already experienced the same. I have an unlocked phone and opted to go with Verizon as I know how their service used to be. Within the last two months I have actually seen the service get progressively worse. Specifically their data connection. I have to constantly ask google to do things multiple times as my phone will say that it is not connected to the internet. Another example is from today where I have attempted to play fortnite on my phone and I literally have wasted gigs of data trying to play this game with my children, it will literally drop connection in the middle of loading a match/round. This is not an issue with my device as it works perfect with ATT and TMO sim cards in my device. (Come to think of it I think it actually works well with a static IP VZW business sim card as well)....