Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Why is Verizon changing my bill due date?
lporter

Please explain "Verizon is standardizing the number of days to pay your bill." I am paid monthly and you started taking my Verizon payment earlier and earlier. So I stopped autopay and lived without a phone for 3 days (felt wonderful).

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Please explain..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I rely on my phone to work at all times and never want you to be without a phone due to your payment date changing, lporter. The first change will take place in September and should not have effected any previous bills. You can learn more about this change here, http://spr.ly/65848QDFu. We hope this clears things up for you. 

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lukevinyl

They are simply changing the timeframe you have to pay your bill, standardizing it across the board for all customers regardless of bill cycle date so that (and this is just an example entirely) if before, whereas some customers had 14 days to pay their bill and others had 17 days to pay their bill, all customers now have 14 days to pay their bill to ensure there are no late fees charged.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I rely on my phone to work at all times and never want you to be without a phone due to your payment date changing, lporter. The first change will take place in September and should not have effected any previous bills. You can learn more about this change here, http://spr.ly/65848QDFu. We hope this clears things up for you. 

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon changing my bill due date?

It's more convenient for me to change to 10 of month

0 Likes
ixtasis23

Yes, this is what they do to get people to unenroll in autopay, which they offer a discount for. My bill is consistently due the same date when I pay manually. Once I enroll in autopay, the due date moves earlier and it will keep moving. The only way is to make sure you have money in your account for a week before the due date, but they learn when you will have money available by the due date you choose, then when you enroll in autopay, continually take money out earlier and earlier. I was told they can do this for up to 5 days before your due date and that all the cellphone companies autopay works this way. Well, they tried to tell me this is standardized autopay across the board but every other company takes it out the same date.  Verizon isn't on the side of the customer, but on the side of the banks and their own capitalist greed. But we all want a cellphone, right? 

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.