Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why is Verizon refusing to refund money they incorrectly charged me?
jdent1

Anyone else having this problem? Verizon owes me over $200 and will not do a thing to return it to me.

1. I started a phone plan with Verizon in May. Starting in June they began charging me device payment fees for an old device that I paid for in-full back in 2019. I bought this phone years before I even began the phone plan that they are applying the device fees to. Every time I call customer service, I'm told that this has been fixed, and a credit will be applied to my next bill. This is never fixed, credit is not applied, and I am charged once again for the device fee. I am told by Customer Service I have to just pay it, and that they cannot issue me a revised bill for my current statement. 

2. I bought an iPhone 12 and FedEx lost it in the mail. Verizon Customer Service claims they cancelled the order for me, but they have not refunded me the money for it. 

3. Any time I try to Schedule a Callback with Verizon, when I answer the phone there is nobody on the other end, then the call drops after about a minute.

Feels like I am intentionally being stolen from. Customer Service is hoping I will give up and just forget about my money. 

What in the world is happening here? Anyone else have these problems?

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon refusing to refund money they incorrectly charged me?
Doggo
Novice

Verizon doesn't arbitrarily charge device payments for phones that are paid off. You only get a payment plan if you signed off on one.

Device payments aren't tied to the phone lines, but the phone. Usually seen on borrowed upgrades, it's not uncommon to see something like an iPhone 8 with an iPhone 12 payment on it. 

0 Likes