Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Why is adding a line and bringing my own phone going to cost me an extra ~$200???
carolinel3

I have spent 2.5hrs this evening on my phone, website and chat trying to simply add a new line with a phone I already own. After the phone and website estimated my November bill would go from $196 in October to $410 and then back down to $216, I connected to the chat as there must be some mistake. 40 mins later, I am none the wiser other than to see charges for the new phone and all three of the current phones for 10/7-11/3 and 11/4 - 12/3. Why would I suddenly paying for two months for four phone in one month? The person on the chat was completely unhelpful and just pushed me to place the order and then "billing would be able to explain".

I have canceled the order, and will likely cancel my Verizon account and move all four phone somewhere else after over ten years of being a VZ customer. I see some very similar complaints from others on this forum for new bills but not for devices that have been on the same account for ten years and adding one phone.

Please advise.

0 Likes
Re: Why is adding a line and bringing my own phone going to cost me an extra ~$200???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi carolinel3, thank you for bringing this to my attention, this is not the service and experience we want you to have with us, sometimes the changes on the charges on the account are only one time charges, and those most of the time are because of activation fees, please review your bill and check these charges are not for activation fees, once you check this please feel free to contact us over any of our contact services. Have a lovely night, and please stay safe! 

>Luis

0 Likes