Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why is it so hard to cancel a line?
elsaxo

I just want to cancel a line and can't wait for over an hour to get someone on the phone...if that even happens.

Verizon has the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it so hard to cancel a line?
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

They have to verify you are the account owner or manager before you can request cancelation of the line. Therefore they require you to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone.

https://www.verizon.com/support/cancel-suspend-transfer-lines/

"Cancel Service

The Account Owner or an Account Manager can cancel single lines or your entire mobile account by calling Verizon Customer Service.

For the fastest resolution, please have the following information available to provide to our Customer Service team:

Account Owner’s name

Phone number

Account PIN or last 4 of the Account Owner’s SSN

NOTE: If there is an outstanding Device Payment Agreement, you can pay off the remaining balance of your device on our Pay off your device page or it will appear on your next bill after the cancellation."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry for the longer than expected hold time, elsaxo! We have sent you a Private Note to best assist.-Nikki

0 Likes
elsaxo

I have an extra line for my iPad that I do not use.  I want to cancel it.  

...and yes, waiting over 2 hours on hold is excessive.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

DO. NOT. POST. any personal information including phone numbers on this public forum!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm very sorry for that wait. I know your time is valuable and we always try to help as quickly as we can. I can certainly take a look  at that but I'll need details best not shared in public to do so. I'd also recommend deleting the phone number from this public post. We sent a private message, please reply to that when you can so we can help. -Andrew

0 Likes
elsaxo

How do I respond to a private message without it appearing on the public message board?

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

@elsaxo wrote:

How do I respond to a private message without it appearing on the public message board?

The private message should be available under the envelope symbol next to your profile image at the top of forum website. Click on envelope symbol to open the private message area. Click on the subject line of the private message to open it and read it. From there you will have the option to reply to the private message. 

0 Likes
Miles3

It took us a week to port out the number. Verizon sent a code for the wrong number and then dragged their feet for a week.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

@Miles3 wrote:

It took us a week to port out the number. Verizon sent a code for the wrong number and then dragged their feet for a week.

Porting out a number to another carrier is a different process than canceling a line permanently.

That said, your experience doesn't sound normal. 

0 Likes