Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Why is safety mode on?
jballen4eva

According to Verizon's website, I have 18.5 GB of carryover data left over, but now I am in safety mode.  Shouldn't safety mode NOT kick in until the carryover data is used up?   

0 Likes
Re: Why is safety mode on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jballen4eva, carryover data is a great way to avoid overage or going into Safety Mode. I'd be happy to discuss the data and double-check things with you. Carryover data is used after any promotion, then plan data on your shared plan. To know if you've used all your carryover data, we'd want to know your current data usage so far this cycle. 

A quick and easy way to check data use is through #DATA (#3282): We'll send you a free text message with an estimate of the amount of data and messaging you've used during your current bill cycle. It will show your line's usage and the total account usage if you're on a shared plan.  

Could you check your current usage and let us know how much data you have with your plan?

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
jballen4eva

I have 20 GB of data with my plan.  I also have 18.5 GB of carryover data from last month.  The 20 GB of "basic" data has been used, but all 18.5 GB of carryover data remains.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jballen4eva, thanks for those details. The next thing I would want to check is, how did you verify the amount of carryover data you had for this cycle? 

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
jballen4eva

Checking on-line through my computer, at https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/myusage/.

I have 48% data remaining, but am in safety mode.  

0 Likes