Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why is the 55 Plus plan not available to me?
robfack4469

I have called agents and sent IMs to a few more, but I have not been able to get a clear answer as to why the Verizon 55 Plus unlimited plan is not available on my account. I am an Illinois resident, over the age of 55, with only 2 lines on my account. This seems to meet the criteria. They've offered to contact me when it's available, which is nice, but I won't hold my breath.

From the limited info available online about the plan, I think I'll also need to be enrolled in auto-pay billing, which I already am. But I'm wondering if  the auto-pay needs to be set up against a checking account, rather than a credit card like it is now? Either way, wouldn't a rep be able to to explain this to me? I also have a state percentage discount on my current plan, which i understand will go away on the 55+, but would this prevent the plan from being an option to me?

The final piece of info I have is that we used to have 3 phones on the account, but one was removed recently. A new billing cycle has started since the 3rd line was removed, but I'm still getting the same responses from reps, which is they do not see the plan as an option and do not have any other info as to why.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why this is not available to me? I'm tired of getting the run around and am willing to make the necessary adjustments to my account/billing so that it's available.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is the 55 Plus plan not available to me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's a very good question, robfack4469. Are you currently on the GO Unlimited plan that this promotion pertains to?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
robfack4469

I am not currently on a GO Unlimited plan. We are currently on a 4GB plan. For the 55+ plan to be an option, do i first have to sign up for a GO Unlimited plan?

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

robfack4469 wrote:

I am not currently on a GO Unlimited plan. We are currently on a 4GB plan. For the 55+ plan to be an option, do i first have to sign up for a GO Unlimited plan?

The 55+ plan is version of the Go Unlimited Plan with the same features and restrictions. It might be worth understanding the terms of regular Go Unlimited Plan to see if the plan is suited for your needs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
robfack4469

Yep, I completely understand what the plan offers and the data restrictions contains. It would be a great option for me to switch from my 4GB plan so that I do not have to constantly be worrying about my data usage every month or searching for a reliable wifi signal in public places. Just wish someone could explain why it's not pulling as an option on my account.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The plan is only available in certain states. The other threads in the community forum mention which ones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
robfack4469

Their FAQs state that you must meet the following to be eligible:

• Be 55 years of age or older
  • Have 1 or 2 phones on your account
  • Have a Florida, Illinois or Missouri billing address on your account

I meet all of those conditions. And I believe auto bill pay needs to be enabled, which it already is on my account, but regardless I don't know why that would ever prevent it from not showing up as an option for an account if the 3 bullet requirements are met.

Anyone at VZW able to shed any light on the subject? Haven't been able to get an answer from any phone or IM reps yet.

0 Likes
robfack4469

CecileC_VZW, are you able to offer any insight into my issue? I’m not currently on a GO unlimited plan, but from what I can tell, I’m qualified to be on the 55+ plan.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Have you tried switching plans at a local corporate store? 

0 Likes
robfack4469

That’s a good idea. I will try that next. I‘m just afraid they won’t see anything different on their computer than the phone or IM reps. But it’s worth a shot!

0 Likes