Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why isn't my corporate discount available on the unlimited plan?
pjlambert13

When I go into this to change, there is a very specific note that specifies that this is not available, but they will give me $10 off if I have auto pay and go paperless, which I do.  My company states that this should not be an issue and should be available, however, Verizon is not allowing it.  Also, the other day I was in a chat with a Verizon representative that offered me an additional $20 off per month, but wouldn't specific how that would work, or for how long.  Only that I would get an email within a couple days with the "details".  That email never came. 

Doing some quick investigation, I'm seeing that other phone service providers do offer unlimited with a discount, and at a better price.  Time to change providers?  I've had Verizon for probably close to 30 years, and never had a complaint, but when they deceive me with a false claim of a discount (the extra $20 off), I'm not sure what to think.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why isn't my corporate discount available on the unlimited plan?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Go thru the military/veterans discount verification. I believe the discount is 15% off of unlimited.

Discounts for corporate, government, education employees and Our Military and Vets | Verizon Wireles...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Because Verizon only allows Military/Veteran discounts on the unlimited plan. Good luck with the new provider.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Pjlambert13, we really appreciate your business, and would never want to lose that. I understand you work hard for your discount and want it to apply. I would like to further explain things for you.

We have an agreement with your employer to accept the discount, but that does not mean it applies to all plans. There are other plans the employee discount doesn't apply to as well. The unlimited Plan is already set at a reduced rate, and this won't change right now. However, you never know what other discounts may apply in the future.

It seems as though we have offered you several other options to make up for this. What is still concerning you?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pjlambert13

Marcus,

Let's be honest, I received one simple option - $10 off if I continue to do what I am already doing.  The second "option" that was offered was never fully explained by anyone at Verizon.  All I was told is that it would be an additional $20 off, but when pressed to find out for how long, and how this works, I received no explanation, only a comment stating that I would receive an email with details, which never came.  This leads me to believe that it was a bit of a phishing scam to get me to sign up, but I can't be sure.

If rcschnoor is correct, I am also a veteran.  How does that help me?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Go thru the military/veterans discount verification. I believe the discount is 15% off of unlimited.

Discounts for corporate, government, education employees and Our Military and Vets | Verizon Wireles...

0 Likes
pjlambert13

Thanks.

0 Likes
Boecam

That was a bit "snarky" Marcus don't you think?

jwmorris1988

I just had the same exact experience. I called Verizon to purchase and new phone and they upsold me onto an unlimited plan. The corporate discount that I was receiving (19%) was roughly $20. He assured me that we would still receive this "$20 discount", but that we would not see it on the first email we receive with the new bill because the system doesn't recognize it. I am now thinking what he said was a complete lie because I am being told there are no discounts on unlimited plans except for nurses, students, military, etc. I feel lied to just so I would upgrade a phone and plan!

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jwmorris1988, we're sorry that there has been some miscommunication that has happened out the corporate discount on your account. The good thing about the unlimited plans is that you do receive $10.00 off per phone line when you have Auto Pay set up with a debit or checking account & you have paper-free billing. If you are not signed up for Auto Pay & paper-free billing by clicking here https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/ You'll be able to reference #5. I hope this information is beneficial.  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes