Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why no deals for unlimited data like AT&T/Direct TV???
SW1952

Verizon is making this big advertising push that they are once again offering Unlimited Data!!!

But why is there no deal for Verizon Wireless/Verizon Fios customers like the Unlimited deal with AT&T Wireless and Direct TV?

I don't want my wireless data bill to go from $70 per month (two people sharing 8GB of data) to $110.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Why no deals for unlimited data like AT&T/Direct TV???
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

If the plan doesn't work for you, don't switch.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

A bundle deal MAY happen at some point.  Or it may not.  Watch for deals and jump on them if the deals are in line with your needs.

Verizon's cost for 8GB shared data is $70.  The cost for unlimited is $110.  If the 8GB plus carryover and safety mode is working for the two of you, there's no need or reason to change.  If you need more data, you'll pay more.  Or you can adjust your usage to get by with what you want to pay.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

What do you mean "deal" like AT&T/DirecTV? That wasn't a deal, that was a requirement. If you didn't have either one, you had to purchase BOTH in order to get their unlimited data. You didn't get a discount on either of the services, you simply had to purchase both. I certainly don't consider that a deal. On the contrary, AT&T is now considering matching Verizon by not requiring people to have DirecTV in order to sign up for their unlimited data.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

AT&T has already dropped the requirement for customers to have Direct TV in order to get their unlimited plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Which they did because of the "deal" Verizon was offering on their new unlimited data plan. Funny how the grass is always greener...

SW1952

It was a "deal" for people who already subscribed to both services. (Like my wife and I have Verizon Wireless and Fios.) it would be an enticement to get people who hade one service or the other to get both.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Then why did AT&T immediately drop the requirement to have both services if you wanted unlimited as soon as Verizon came out for unlimited. The AT&T unlimited is more expensive and overall a worse deal than the Verizon unlimited with or without DirectTV.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

SW1952 wrote:

It was a "deal" for people who already subscribed to both services. (Like my wife and I have Verizon Wireless and Fios.) it would be an enticement to get people who hade one service or the other to get both.

In that case, Verizon is already offering the same "deal" as AT&T. If you have Fios service available in your area, you can sign up for Fios and also for the Verizon Plan Unlimited. There is nothing keeping you from doing so. Additionally, since you want a deal similar to AT&T's deal for the combo, you won't be expecting a discount for having both since AT&T didn't offer a discount for having both services. You simply had to have both services, which is exactly what is available thru Verizon if you have Fios available to you.

Finally, I am curious what "enticement" there was for people to get the other service if in fact they didn't need the service. There certainly wasn't any financial "enticement" since you still had to pay full price for both of the services.

0 Likes