Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why was I charged a late fee when I have an auto bill payment?
pchavali

why i am charged with late fee if i have a auto bill payment

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: why i am charge with late fee i i have a auto bill payment
Not applicable

Credit cards do have expiration dates. All bank cards have expiration dates. If the cards are expired and the customer does not update the information with Verizon it is not Verizon's fault. But is the customers. This is not to say this is your issue, but it does happen sometimes.

Many banks and credit unions have bill pay in which at times they send out the payment on a certain date, but do not reach the payee. It is a valid assumption that can happen to anyone.

In your case I would call verizon 1-800-922-0204 or *611 and ask why the late fee was accessed. They are usually very good at working with customers like you especially if you have a consistently good payment history. No one here can access your acvont since it is a peer to peer help forum.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello pchavali
That is a odd situation. I would be happy to review your account. Please accept my follow request. Then follow me back and private message me. I'll get to the bottom of this quickly.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Len49

Me too,  Same issue in February 2014.  I want the $5 late fee removed from my bill. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Could be your bank rejected the payment transaction? Could be the bank did not send it on time. In which case that would be an issue between you and the bank. Or credit card company if you use that payment method. With your credit card if the card date of ending changed and you did not update it, the bank will reject it.

Just two valid possibilities.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Len49

Do you think I am an idiot?  Neither of your reasons is true.  Credit card information is up to date.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Credit cards do have expiration dates. All bank cards have expiration dates. If the cards are expired and the customer does not update the information with Verizon it is not Verizon's fault. But is the customers. This is not to say this is your issue, but it does happen sometimes.

Many banks and credit unions have bill pay in which at times they send out the payment on a certain date, but do not reach the payee. It is a valid assumption that can happen to anyone.

In your case I would call verizon 1-800-922-0204 or *611 and ask why the late fee was accessed. They are usually very good at working with customers like you especially if you have a consistently good payment history. No one here can access your acvont since it is a peer to peer help forum.

Good Luck

glen5574

Verizon terrible butt, overcharging , lying , unethical management.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Was your complaint worth digging up a six year old thread? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is definitely not supposed to happen. Please contact us directly to get this reviewed at 1-800-922-0204, or @Verizonsupport on Twitter or Facebook. RobertH_VZW

0 Likes