Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why was I put on cash only status?
LaMorenaDO

Hi Team,

I recently had a returned payment in October and then again in February.  I totally admit that I'm a space cadet when it's comes to personal finance.  My service was disconnected and when I connected to 'finance' Verizon tells me that payments can now only be made cash, AFTER they take $400+ via debit card over the phone.  Total bait and switch no?  So, my question for Verizon, is are you breaking up with me?  Is this a method to encourage me to port out of the VZW service realm?

Thoughts??

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: CASH ONLY Status
Not applicable

Please......

You had payments returned as NSF and you are saying Verizon wants to lose you?

You have an obligation to pay your invoice each month on time and in full. Verizon is not a charity. They provide you cellular service and you pay the bill.

Although I understand the cash only status you can always call financial services every month and they will take a one time payment.

But of course because you bounce checks to Verizon they now have to jump hoops to insure you pay them.

Go to a corporate store and pay the bill. After six months of continued payments you will have the restriction lifted.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Please......

You had payments returned as NSF and you are saying Verizon wants to lose you?

You have an obligation to pay your invoice each month on time and in full. Verizon is not a charity. They provide you cellular service and you pay the bill.

Although I understand the cash only status you can always call financial services every month and they will take a one time payment.

But of course because you bounce checks to Verizon they now have to jump hoops to insure you pay them.

Go to a corporate store and pay the bill. After six months of continued payments you will have the restriction lifted.

Good Luck

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Elector wrote:

After six months of continued ON TIME payments you will have the restriction lifted.

Smiley Happy

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

LaMorenaDO wrote:

Total bait and switch no? 

Thoughts??

Since you are asking for thoughts, mine are that the ONLY "bait and switch" here seems to be on your side. You want service from Verizon and they will give it to you in exchange for you paying the bill they present to you. On multiple occasions you have failed to do live up to your end of the agreement. You have "baited" Verizon into giving you service and have "switched" by failing to pay your bill. So I guess you could technically say this is a "bait and switch".

Verizon feels they cannot count on you to "not be a space cadet" when it comes time to pay, they feel they should not be subjected to your lack of concentration on your bills and have placed you on a "cash only" basis. This has happened 2 times in the last 5 months, 40% of the time. I completely understand Verizon's reasons for doing this. When you can demonstrate to them your commitment to paying your bills in a timely fashion, these restrictions WILL be lifted.Smiley Happy

LaMorenaDO

Fair enough, Verizon says that because of the NSF payments, I must pay in cash to continue this relationship, despite having collected nearly $5,000.00 in reoccurring revenue since 2012.

My question to Verizon is, if you don't want my recognize my revenue except via cash payment, then is that not a signal to please leave your company???  Otherwise, I am penalized with a gross inconvenience, as my reoccuring revenue is deemed an unworthy risk. If that is the case, at minimum,  offer a credit/debit card payment only option.  Meanwhile, I have to surf on over http://www.t-mobile.com/ and http://www.att.com/#fbid=xRkmTtr5OZ2  and offer the revenue to a vendor that will accept it. That is all.

LaMorenaDO

Fair enough, Verizon says that because of the NSF payments, I must pay in cash to continue this relationship, despite having collected nearly $5,000.00 in reoccurring revenue since 2012.

My question to Verizon is, if you don't want my recognize my revenue except via cash payment, then is that not a signal to please leave your company???  Otherwise, I am penalized with a gross inconvenience, as my reoccuring revenue is deemed an unworthy risk. If that is the case, at least offer a credit/debit card payment only option.  Meanwhile, I have to surf on over http://www.t-mobile.com/ and http://www.att.com/#fbid=xRkmTtr5OZ2  and offer the revenue to a vendor that will accept it. That is all.

0 Likes
flutterfly8497

LaMorenaDO wrote:

My question to Verizon is, if you don't want my recognize my revenue except via cash payment, then is that not a signal to please leave your company???  Otherwise, I am penalized with a gross inconvenience, as my reoccuring revenue is deemed an unworthy risk. If that is the case, at least offer a credit/debit card payment only option.  Meanwhile, I have to surf on over http://www.t-mobile.com/ and http://www.att.com/#fbid=xRkmTtr5OZ2  and offer the revenue to a vendor that will accept it. That is all.

Think of it this way.  You insist that your previous $5000 should be of some consideration in this issue.  So, considering that Verizon has provided you with service since 2012, if this month your service should be down for some technical reason, ought you not still pay the full month of fees since you have been receiving service regularly all this time? Or perhaps you offer to lighten the "network" load by only making voice calls and using no text or data? No, that is not how it works. And it is not a signal to please leave the company, it is a direct message to please pay your bill with actual money, since checks clearly are a problem.  Every time you  bounce a check it costs whoever tried to cash it, the amount of the check plus a NSF fee.  And if you have a check returned, twice per your own admission, you have now become unreliable for payment by check.  If your boss bounced your paychecks you would surely have something to say about that. 

If you switch to T-Mobile, they, too, will require you to make payments that are not returned NSF. If you bounce checks with them, they will put you on a cash-only status as well.  If you don't like being on cash-only, then pay attention to your finances and take responsibility for them. YOU have created the problem you are venting about here, after all.

Not applicable

Personally since you evidently bounce checks for payment of services received, why does Verizon even need your business.

You agreed to pay Verizon for services rendered. Let's quit the analogy of what you pay or paid.

Pay the bill when due and in full and since you cannot be trusted to use a check pay it in cash at the store, or call financial services to make a one time debit or credit card payment.

And T-Mobile and Sprint or AT&T won't let you write bad checks to them either. You may be required to pay a huge deposit for service, and you will be paying full price for a new device to use a cellular company who has terrible coverage.

Bottom line, pay your bill and stop trying to justify your bouncing checks as the reason for your problem. You created it and not Verizon.

Good luck at any provider you land at.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

LaMorenaDO wrote:

Fair enough, Verizon says that because of the NSF payments, I must pay in cash to continue this relationship, despite having collected nearly $5,000.00 in reoccurring revenue since 2012. This COULD possibly mean something except for 1 fact. Many people who have fallen on hard times had been able to make regular payments in the past. Simply because you have a history of "reoccurring revenue" DOES NOT mean that you are CURRENTLY able to continue that revenue stream. By looking at your RECENT history, one could easily come to the conclusion that you MAY be having a problem making your payments. How could they NOT come to that conclusion if you are late or your payments have been returned 40% of the time in the last several months???

Actually, Verizon simply wants to recognize your revenue which, in the recent past at least, DOES NOT have a 40% chance of being returned for insufficient funds. I personally can't blame them. You don't seem to have a problem with Verizon having a "gross inconvenience" having payments being returned. I don't consider it an "unworthy risk", simply an "unnecessary risk" on Verizon's part to place you on a TEMPORARY cash only basis UNTIL you can demonstrate the ability to fulfill the payment method you use. Good luck if you choose to switch providers. I think you will find they will be as unhappy as Verizon if you CONTINUE with your failed payments.Smiley Happy

LaMorenaDO

I accepted full responsibility for my errors. VZW assessed a penalty fee each time and collected all proceeds due. Furthermore, VZW and I have a contractual relationship through Q3 FY15. My point is this, from a service standpoint, companies can render a lifetime of reoccurring revenue from a client, depending on how that customer experience goes. I chose one of the most expensive providers for their robust network. But, if that provider can't deliver on the service side, naturally I migrate elsewhere. VZW will carryon just as I will, but eventually their customer base will erode if they can't deliver solid customer service. (i.e. - Sprint). When a client terminates based upon poor service, they tell someone, who may tell someone, etc. Also, consumers, such as myself, may translate their own experience to a Sales Ops task force when deciding who is the preferred provider for our 2000+ Sales and Global Customer Service teams, when said VZW contract comes up for review. #KnowYourCustomer

Sent from my iPhone