Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why won't message+  send a security code to my messages
Bukhrn

I have a Moto Z4 Android phone, I have Verizon message + and use it every day, and have been very happy with it. I am now trying to load message + on my new Fire HD 10 plus tablet.

When I follow the instructions and go to the Play Store and type in  Verizon messages, an hit install, then open the Start messaging, it ask for my cell number, which when I put it in it says Generating Code, but never does, it just runs, runs and runs, never generates the code, I thought that maybe it would take awhile to send the code, so I let it run for a full hour, nothing.

All the complaints I'm reading about this issue seems to just be ignored by Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Why won't message+  send a security code to my messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for contacting us. I see you're having an issue with syncing messages+ to your tablet. Are you entering your cellphone number for your phone? *Debbie

0 Likes
Bukhrn

Yes, I am entering my cell number, but as I said , when I enter it, it says "generating code", but it just runs and runs never generating the code.

0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@Bukhrn wrote:

Yes, I am entering my cell number, but as I said , when I enter it, it says "generating code", but it just runs and runs never generating the code.

How many devices do you have using Message+ with the same phone number (there is a limit, maybe 5)?   If you go to Settings->Account->Manage Devices in Message+ on your phone, do you see the device you're having trouble using?  If so, what if you remove it from the list and try installing again?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Bukhrn

I am using message + on two Motorola cell phones, I do not have it on either of our laptops.

When I go into  manage devices in message+ on my phone, the only device I see is my phone, I'm thinking because  message is not loading on my fire 10 tablet, because its Not generating a code to be sent to my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for letting me know that. Have you tried clearing your browser's temporary files, cache, and cookies? How much memory do you have on your tablet? *Debbie

0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thanks for letting me know that. Have you tried clearing your browser's temporary files, cache, and cookies? How much memory do you have on your tablet? *Debbie

The Message+ APP installed on the tablet is not a browser.  

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
goodfriend1

Hi,

I had the same issue, tried multiple time restarting, noting worked. till I long pressed on the app, and than disabled the app. then went in to apps to reenable the app, it worked like a charm.

( I have a tab 6) 

0 Likes
cmitchrichva

Attempted uninstall/re-install, force stopping and restarts.  Nothing seems to get the app to go beyond displaying 'generating code'.  This is on latest Amazon Fire 10 HD

Does Verizon off support in these forums or is it all 'community'?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do review these message boards, and we are happy to assist in any way possible. There is no reason the code should not be generated that I can see based off the information provided. As long as a device is compatible, you should be able to access this service. Have you tried with any other devices besides your phone?

*Robert

0 Likes